Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Ohhhh. So silly of me, I’ll make sure to get my eyes tested soon. :smile: Thank you!

1 Like

I’m trying to spot in my story but I don’t know how to, please help

I’m trying to spot the character but I don’t know how

1 Like

&overlay BLUE_ENERGY_3 create
&overlay BLUE_ENERGY_3 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay 6243974300958720_BLUE_ENERGY_3 shifts to 102 270 in zone 2 in 0
@overlay 6243974300958720_BLUE_ENERGY_3 scales to 1.000 1.000 in 0
@overlay BLUE_ENERGY_3 moves to layer 3
&overlay 6243974300958720_BLUE_ENERGY_3 shifts to -45 137 in zone 2 in 1
@overlay 6243974300958720_BLUE_ENERGY_3 scales to 2.528 2.528 in 1
sound explosion_large
volume sound 100 0
@overlay BLUE_ENERGY_3 opacity 0 in 0

This is my code pretty satisfied with results the only thing getting me is I’ve been trying to get the overlay to spin for the last 3 hrs…
What I’ve put.
&overlay BLUE_ENERGY_3 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 5 loop INFINITE times
I’ve also tried using @ and just looping with a number like 10 for example. I’ve also sent in a ticket. I think I have down the base of it I just can’t get it to work! D:

Also every time I use anchor 0.5 0.5 it rotates by the corner. :’(

&BROOKE spot 1.125 311 90 in zone 2 at layer 1 and BROOKE faces right and BROOKE is sleep_uncomfortable
sound alarmclock-beep
BROOKE (sleep_uncomfortable_awake)
Okay, okay shut up.
So, I wrote this but the sound desnt work it says “unexpected garbage” what did I do wrong here?

Its ok, I figured it out

Hey, It’s me again lol.
I have a problem with this script, again. I wanted that the reader could choose parent’s skin color but again I am not great with these.

Hello everyone!

I’m new to Episode and only started to write recently.

I’ve used the INK template for CC and it works fine. But when I start on a new episode and when I preview it on the web portal, I realise my character goes back to the before-customisation look.
How do I keep the new customised look ?

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

For rotating, the overlay doesn’t continue past 360 and just stops once it’s rotates to that. You have to reset the rotationg back to 0, then you can loop it

&overlay OVERLAY rotates 360 anchor point 0 0 in [time] THEN overlay OVERLAY rotates 0 anchor point 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times

The anchor point is where the PNG image rotates from. Make sure that your overlay is in the center of the PNG image. The whole PNG image is the overlay image plus the transparency space of the image. If your overlay is rotating from the corner when you use anchor point 0.5 0.5, then that means your overlay isn’t in the center of the PNG image.

1 Like

Change the dash to an underscore in the sound name.

sound alarmclock_beep

1 Like

You need a starting bracket on line 233

“Dark hair color” {

3 Likes

The web previewer doesn’t remember things from previous episodes. If you test your story in the app, the customization will carry on through out all episodes.

1 Like

So I’m creating a short funny story for me and my friend, and this error keeps popping up.I started it out on my phone and then started editing it on my computer. I’ve never had this problem before and I don’t understand why it’s there and I don’t know how to fix it.

Add an ending puncuation (like a period or exclamation point) to the dialogue if it’s in all caps.

Hi! I was wondering how you can pan a close up of a line of characters while they’re drawing a gun. I’ve already got the pan correct, I just don’t know how to get them to not draw a gun all at once. Like as the camera pans, one person draw the gun , then the next, and the next. Like in Adrenaline (By: Evil Ebonni) Thank you so much!

Use & for panning, then use & and a pause for the characters drawing the gun

&pan to zone # in [time]
&CHAR1 is draw_gun
@pause for 0.5
&CHAR2 is draw_gun
@pause for 0.5
&CHAR3 is draw_gun
@pause for 0.5

1 Like

its not really a pan, it’s more like a zoom that acts as a close up pan. can i still use this?

Thank you! The error went away. You have no idea how annoyed I got from that. Again, thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Yea just replace the pan command with the zoom command

1 Like