Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

It still doesn’t work.

what did i do wrong here?

Does anyone know what the problem is? I tried to get help earlier in my own thread and the people were really nice there, but I still don’t know how to fix this. I’m a newbie and this is my first story, so… yeah :blush:

Capture

I don’t think you can use if/elif/else in a choice. Maybe try something like:

choice
“What island are you from?” {
if (LEOR > 1)
(scene)
elif (LEOR < 1)
(scene)
}

And then so on, but I’m not sure since I’m not the best with if/elif/else and the point system. :woman_shrugging: :blush:

I’m not sure what you mean? Can you try to explain more? There aren’t different types of zooms.

Do you have a matching bracket for that line?

Snipe

Dara! I have a problem with CC! I was trying to do it Limited but I think I broke it!

It says:

You cannot have a label inside if/then statements or {}.

You have the overlay at layer 1 and your character at layer 2, that’s why she appears in front of it. If you want your character behind an overlay, they need to be at a lower layer number than the overlay.

1 Like

Did you put a label inside brackets?

I gues here’s my script:

NARR
Would you like to customize?
choice
“Yes”{
NARR
Alright.
label customize
#the script
}
“No”{
NARR
Alright.
goto play
}

You can’t put labels inside of brackets. You’d have to put the template outside of the choice and put a goto inside the “yes” choice that leads to the template

1 Like

Oops, that makes sense. Thank you once again Dara!

1 Like

Thankyou

Ive put the overlay to layer 2 and Harper to layer 1 and shes still appearing infront of the overlay

Using the command “enters from” places the character at a default layer. If you want your character to walk into the scene already at layer 2, you will have to place her offscreen with the layer then have her walk onscreen (instead of having her enter).

@CHARACTER spot 1.280 -100 0 in zone # at layer 2
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 160 0

1 Like

How do I give a player the option to customize or not? I have an ink story where I’m allowing the reader to customize a small amount of features, but there’s an error.

If you mean by creating a choice choosing to customize, then it needs to look like this:

NARR
Do you want to customize?

choice
“Yes” {
goto customization_label
} “No” {
goto after_cc
}

label customization_label

[script template here]

label affter_cc

[continue story here]

customization_label” should be the first label of the customization template.

That’s exactly what I needed! Thank you.

Also, do you make custom ink templates? I need something where you can customize everything except skin tone, hair color, and eye color. I’d greatly appreciate it if you did.