Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

You don’t need to write continue. You can leave it blank or put in whatever you want to happen after they choose “yes”

1 Like

You’re welcome :blush:

1 Like

Please help me with point systems and adding two or more overlays :disappointed_relieved:

The points system:

Overlays Guide:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m trying to make the camera pan around a beach before my scene takes place, however, my character Poppy won’t swim from zone 1 to zone 2 like I want her to. The line ‘@follow POPPY…’ has a warning next to it.
My code:

EXT. TROPICAL BEACH - DAY
@cut to zone 1
@EXTRA 2 spot 0.803 209 267 AND EXTRA 2 is tinker_kneel_loop
@POPPY spot 0.263 -41 511 AND POPPY is swim_rear
@follow POPPY to spot 0.371 176 425 in zone 2 AND POPPY is swim_rear
@remove POPPY

Please help!! Thanks

The follow command does not work with spots. You will have to pan to zone 2 while your character walks.

&pan to zone 2 in T
@POPPY walks to spot 0.371 176 425 in T in zone 2 and POPPY does it while swim_rear

in T is time in seconds, so both of those need to be the same number of seconds.

It works!!! Thank you so much! :grinning::grinning: I was also wondering how I could change in which direction she swims in the animation

Make her face left or right as she is swimming

@POPPY walks to spot 0.371 176 425 in T in zone 2 and POPPY faces left/right and POPPY does it while swim_rear

It’s ok thank you for having replied anyways :blush:

Thank you!!

1 Like

@PINK BABY SWADDLE moves to layer 5 isn’t a valid command

The layer command for overlays is:
@overlay PINK BABY SWADDLE to layer 2

Or you can just add “at layer 2” right after the zone when you added the overlay with the background name

INT. CLASSIC LIVING ROOM - DAY with PINK BABY SWADDLE to 0.755 212 121 in zone 2 at layer 2

No problem! :smile:

1 Like

Are you adding in the gain at the beginning of epsiode 2 by using the if/elif/else command?

Tbh, I don’t think you should have to since the CHAR changes into that outfit, it should stay like that throughout the story until they change again. But sometimes it doesn’t so to be safe I would add it in.

You’d have to use a window overlay.

I don’t think so. You’d have to make one yourself or find one. If you head over to the Resources subforum there are people there who share or even make overlays for everyone.

1 Like

Hey Dara, do you know what the deal is with rotating overlays while shifting them to a different zone? I had an overlay which I wanted to shift from zone 3 to zone 2 while spinning several times. The overlay would spin several times in zone 3 then the second it got to zone 2 it would stop spinning and just shift. I couldn’t figure out how to fix this without removing/replacing the overlay. Is there an easier way? Or do overlays not continuously shift between zones? I literally tried everything :joy:

Can I see what you have in your script?

It was more of a general question (since I was too lazy to remove/replace the overlay and published it anyway), but this is what I left it as (story was in Spotlight if it makes any difference). In this version, the bottle rotates twice. The second it hits zone 2, it stops spinning. :

NARRATOR (DAUGHTER) ((character_stays))
He'd just yell and punch doors and throw things around so they'd break.

&overlay BOTTLE create
&overlay BOTTLE shifts to 149 346 in zone 3
&overlay BOTTLE scales to .222 .222
&overlay BOTTLE opacity 1 in .5
AIDEN (raisehand_neutral)
(…)

&overlay BOTTLE rotates -360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in .7 loop 4 times
&pan to zone 2 in 1.5
@overlay BOTTLE shifts to 426 112 in 1.5
&overlay BOTTLE clear
volume music 0 0
sound glass_shatter
@overlay BROKEN BOTTLE create
@overlay BROKEN BOTTLE shifts to 77 97 in zone 2
@overlay BROKEN BOTTLE scales to .222 .222
@overlay BROKEN BOTTLE opacity 1
@pause for 1
@cut to zone 3

I also tried this:
&overlay BOTTLE rotates -360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in .8 THEN overlay BOTTLE rotates -360 anchor point .5 .5 in .7 THEN overlay BOTTLE rotates -360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in .8 THEN overlay BOTTLE rotates -360 anchor point .5 .5 in .7
&pan to zone 2 in 1.5
@overlay BOTTLE shifts to 426 112 in 1.5
And again the bottle spun twice and stopped the second it hit zone 2.

what goes into the brackets when you code choices?