Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Thank you!!!

Thanks I’ll try that and if I have any issues I’ll message on here but thanks

1 Like

Since you removed the dialogue I had at the end of the template, you’re gonna have to put something in betwen the label and the goto. Just put a @pause for 0 on line 1281

Thanks! Also when I previewed my story, I let the reader choose their name as well as customize the MC and whenever they click on a option and hit done, it will go back to the “What is your name” all over again 27%20PM

The name code needs to go before “label female_custom1”

What line would you put it at?

Just before label female_custom1

Yup.

Hi, I need to hit my character with a limo :joy: I feel like that sounds really concerning but it’s an important part of my story. What is wrong with this? I can’t get the limo to show up :joy: Overlays are complicated! Thanks in advance! - WC

EXT. JUVIE OLIVER ROW HOME - DAY

@overlay CAR SIDE LIMO create

@pan to zone 3 in 2

&overlay CAR SIDE LIMO scales to 2.206 2.206 in 2

&overlay CAR SIDE LIMO shifts to -982 592 in 2

@JORDAN enters from right to screen right in 2 and JORDAN does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop THEN JORDAN is faint

@transition fade out red in .4

@transition fade out red in .8

@transition fade out red in 1.2

@transition fade out red in 3

Can you post your dressing game code

You need to add the overlay to the scene first. Add it to the background name or use the create command: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

Is this how you do gems?

<5> “Yes”{

}

choice
<GEMS> “Yes” {
}

ok cool

Hi Dara so I was proofread my episode story on my phone and on the ‘How to use gem choices’ it says the first choice with gems is always free. But on my phone the first gem choice isn’t free.

Taken from the Guides:

UPDATE: If you are an author and are testing your gem choices in the app it will deduct gems. If this happens to you, please contact support so we can help you. We are working on fixing this asap. In the meantime we recommend that you test your gem choices in Web Previewer.

Am I doing it wrong? I had it in the original script I sent you. It’s very bizzare.

EXT. JUVIE OLIVER ROW HOME - DAY

@overlay CAR SIDE LIMO create

@pan to zone 3 in 2

&overlay CAR SIDE LIMO scales to 2.206 2.206 in 2

&overlay CAR SIDE LIMO shifts to -982 592 in 2

@JORDAN enters from right to screen right in 2 and JORDAN does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop THEN JORDAN is faint

@transition fade out red in .4

@transition fade out red in .8

@transition fade out red in 1.2

@transition fade out red in 3

You need the opacity.

OMG thank you!!! You’re a lifesaver! :heartbeat: