Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Whatever happens when you choose that choice goes inside.

1 Like

Rotating overlays and looping them is extremely frustrating. Apparently an overlay can only rotate a full circle just one time. You’d have to remove, then add in the overlay again, then rotate it.

You’d have to make the masked character at layer 0

What does your script look like?

Okay so using “stands screen position” or “enters from left/right to screen position” defaults the character at no layer. You’d have to place the masked character using spot direction. Also, you can add a character layer when you spot direct them.

@CHARACTER spot % x y in zone # at layer #

You have to specify zone number before you add the layer

@CHARACTER spot % x y in zone # at layer #

That’s annoying but at least I know it wasn’t my code. Thanks!

You don’t add the layer number for walking to spots. The code looks like this:

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in T in zone #

in T is time in seconds.

Anytime :blush:

1 Like

Thanks so much so I’ve been thinking about what I did wrong. You are a life saver :blush:

I’m having issues with this one line of code and I was wondering if someone could help me

@CHARACTHER1 enters from left to screen center AND CHARACHTER1 is run_athletic THEN CHARACTHER1 is run_fall AND CHARACTER2 enters from left to spot 1.291 14 -1 AND CHARACHTER2 is run_athletic THEN CHARACTER2 is run_fall AND CHARACHTER3 enters from left to spot 1.280 58 1 AND CHARACTER3 is run_athletic THEN CHARACTER3 is run_fall

Character 1 does the command in one go, but the Characters 2 and 3 take a second before falling down, like I have written “CHARACTER2 is idle” and I don’t know how to make it work.
I tried using a few combinations in order to get it to work but everything stayed more or less the same
:sweat_smile:

Instead of use THEN, you should write the commands on different lines. Also, when you want a character to walk while doing a different animation you should use “does it while” instead of “is”.

@CHARACTHER1 enters from left to screen center AND CHARACHTER1 does it while run_athletic
&CHARACTHER1 is run_fall
@CHARACTER2 enters from left to spot 1.291 14 -1 AND CHARACHTER2 does it while run_athletic
&CHARACTER2 is run_fall
@CHARACHTER3 enters from left to spot 1.280 58 1 AND CHARACTER3 does it while run_athletic
@CHARACTER3 is run_fall

Thank you Dara, you’re a true lifesaver. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I read the articles for how to have a character walk while saying a piece of dialogue but I am using Limelight style and I’m not sure if there is a difference but no matter how many different ways I write the lines of code, my character either floats across the screen or walks without moving its mouth.

Directing commands are for all styles. What does your script look like for that part?

Right now I have this and my character floats
&ROSE walks to screen center in zone 2
ROSE (walk_talk_happy_loop)
Wouldn’t I have to kind of know my way around this place to be lost?

Instead of putting the animation next to the name for the dialogue, you have to make your character walk while doing that animation.

&ROSE walks to screen center in zone 2 and ROSE does it while walk_talk_happy_loop
    ROSE

Sorry, but she still floats. The only way that she walks normally is if I type it in like
&ROSE walks to screen center in zone 2
ROSE
But her mouth doesn’t move. Sorry

A little message to all of the authors that are writing in Limelight the animation walk_talk_happy_loop does not work so the character will look like it is floating. Thank you Dara.Amarie for helping me.

Are you sure you aren’t tapping too fast? Or what does your script look like before or after that part? Because I just tested it out and that animation is working fine.