Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Why am I getting a error message?
Capture3

Thatā€™s weird, there should be a yellow triangle on the line of the error. But change ā€œatā€ to ā€œtoā€ for the layer command

@overlay OVERLAY to layer #

You need to add the characterā€™s name again to make them walk.

@ APRIL walks to spot _____ and APRIL does it while walk_exhausted

1 Like

Thanks!

How do you make it that both characters are in the car and the car is moving?
I am using the silver car overlay

1 Like

Thank You

Not sure I asked this but my web viewer displays my characters with blonde hair (how I set their character up as) but the app shows brown hair. How do I fix this?

Whatā€™s the difference between

@CHARACTER stands screen center
and
&CHARACTER stands screen center?

There is no difference with those specific commands because those commands donā€™t have beats.

But to see the difference between & and @ read this: Script Symbols/Commands and What They're Used For

I need Aaron to run_athletic to the same spot but to zone 1 so he doesnā€™t change size.

&BRIDGET faces left AND BRIDGET exits left
@ AARON spot 0.452 169 271 in zone 1 AND AARON exits left AND AARON is run_athletic

I know the coding is wrong. I need help fixing it.

FIGURED IT OUT! =)

Iā€™m currently writing an episode on writers portal and I want to preview it on the episode the app (I know thereā€™s the web previewer but itā€™s not the same.) But when I go to the app the story Iā€™m working on isnā€™t appearing and I only have 2 other stories on that shelf. Do you know why and what happening?

My phone background with all the overlays isnā€™t showing but before it did this is what Iā€™m getting (on teh previewer)

Thereā€™s a new update where you need to have 3-4 episodes with 400 lines each for it to show up in your playable stories on the app.

Were you zoomed in on the previous scene?

I need to know how to let readerā€™s skip if they donā€™t want to re-read a chapter! I have some things I want to add in like splashes and did a little changing on some things a few people pointed out to me!

At the very end of the script add a label:

label end_chapter
@pause for 0

Then at the beginning of your episode add a choice.

NARRATOR 
Skip the chapter if youā€™ve already read it. 
choice
ā€œSkipā€ {
goto end_chapter
} ā€œDonā€™t skipā€ {
}
1 Like

thank you and do I just put my story between the donā€™t skip? I just want to make sure! :slight_smile:

No itā€™s continue your story after the choice.

1 Like

Okay so put nothing in there!? Thank you so much for helping me out!