Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

@Apes Can you help me then?

Labels cannot be inside of brackets. You need to put that dressing game after the if/elif/else statement and put a goto inside the if/elif/else that leads to the first label of the dressing game.

Thank you now how do i keep messages up on the screen like texting looks on the phone?

I found out :smiley:

@Dara.Amarie How do you add two musics at once?

this is what I have:

INT. ROCK NIGHT CLUB - NIGHT with SELFIE FEMALE 1 in zone 2

@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 1 shifts to 13 187
@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 1 scales to 0.370 0.370

@cut to zone 2

@zoom on 343 296 to 280% in 0

&JASON spot 0.785 65 195 in zone 2 AND JASON is flirt_wink_atcamera_pose
&PARTYGIRL1 spot 0.785 105 182 AND PARTYGIRL1 faces left AND PARTYGIRL1 is laugh_giggle_pose
&PARTYGIRL2 spot 0.785 25 183 in zone 2 AND PARTYGIRL2 faces right AND PARTYGIRL2 is flirt_wink_atcamera_pose

Still trying to figure out the overlay — I think I just deleted it and decided against using it as I couldn’t get them to show up. Anyhoo, how can you have text appear without it saying Narrator or a character’s name?

I just want a plain box of text. Is that possible?

2 more questions:

1. can you make a tv animate? so it looks like you are watching the news?
  2. can you make an overlay boat look like it’s moving in the water?

You’d have to create your own text overlays and add them to the scene.

music music_name
@pause for 0
music music_name

You need to add the zone to that command

Your overlays weren’t appearing because the overlay names needed to be in all CAPS.

If you want a speechbubble with no name just use the basic NARRATOR box without using the character’s name next to it. Or create a character and delete the display name and use that character for all the text dialogue.

1- Use a tv overlay
2- Use the overlay shifts command to move the boat overlay

1 Like

I wanted to hide Aya in zone 3 so she can enters smoothly in zone 2 and then walks to zone 1.
And since @follow doesn’t work with stop, I wanted to pan her walk but anything of all that works.

INT. WAITING ROOM - DAY

@cut to zone 2

@AYA spot 0.840 402 212 in zone 2 AND AYA faces left
@ERICA spot 0.840 504 200 AND ERICA faces left

@pan to zone 1

@AYA walks to spot 0.840 504 200 in zone 1 in 3

@pause for 200

The pan neds to be using the & sign, and since your character is walking in 3 seconds the pan should also be 3 seconds

&pan to zone 1 in 3

Nothing :’(

INT. WAITING ROOM - DAY

@cut to zone 2

@AYA spot 0.840 402 212 in zone 2 AND AYA faces left
@ERICA spot 0.840 504 200 AND ERICA faces left

&pan to zone 1 in 3

@AYA walks to spot 0.840 504 200 in zone 1 in 3

Your character is walking to spot 504 in zone 1 which is a spot in zone 2 so they aren’t actually walking to zone 1

1 Like

Got it. Thank you so much !

I’m confused on why the characters appear after the zoom. I even tried to replace the @ to & in the zoom command, but with the @, the characters appear after. With the & command, it happens all at the same second.

EXT. MOVIE THEATRE - NIGHT

@cut to zone 2

@zoom on 332 0 to 100% in 3

&YOU spot 0.713 188 202 in zone 2 AND YOU is idle_phone_sad_loop and YOU faces left
&HAZEL spot 0.686 130 205 in zone 2 AND YOU is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop and HAZEL faces right

Your characters appear after because that’s where you placed them in your script. If you want your characters be in the scene before the zoom, then you need to place them before the zoom command

How would I get a character to stand behind someone?I know I need to use layering. I already placed the character in layer 2 and 3 but they were still in front of the character they needed to behind. Here is my script:

@transition fade out black 2
EXT. ROMANTIC LAKESIDE - DAY with SELFIE MALE 3 with TAUPE - HUG

@pause for a beat
@YOUNG DERIC changes into INUI_default
&YOUNG DERIC stands screen center and YOUNG LENA stands upscreen right
@YOUNG DERIC moves to layer 3

You also need to layer YOUNG LENA

1 Like