Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Thanks!

How do you get a character to walk or run evenly so that if I make them smaller when they run offscreen they don’t get larger?

Make them walk to a spot offscreen while doing a running animation

ok thanks

But then the characters appear late. How do I make them in the scene before the transition?

Put them also before the transition command

Thank you! <3

Episode keeps saying you cant have one character immediately following another and I don’t know why it’s saying that and I don’t know how to fix it heres my script

GINA (talk_angry_defensive)
| bold , animation:shuffle-sideways |JUST STOP IT ALREADY

&CHERRY starts idle_sad

GINA (talk_angry_accuse)
| bold |YOU SMILE EVERYDAY ACTING LIKE EVERYTHING IS OK

GINA (talk_angry_stubborn)
| bold |WE ALL SUFFER BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR DAMN HUSBAND

GINA (talk_pound_chest)
| bold |HE THROWS HIS ANGER ALL ON US

GINA (talk_angry)
| bold |YOUR THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE TAKING THE HITS

GINA (talk_angry_defensive)
BUT NO YOUR JUST BEHIND HIM TO COME OVER AND PITY US

GINA (talk_angry_arms_crossed)`
WHY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO TALK TO US AND PRETEND YOU CARE

You need to have ending sentence punctuations (period, exclamation point, question mark) when you have a sentence that is in all CAPS.

What does your script look like

Thank you!!! :))

Hi, I need help with remembering choices. If anyone has a tutorial or something that just has it for remembering hair styles that the reader choose that would be really helpful!

Here’s a guide for remembering choices: HOW TO: Remember Past Choices (if/elif/else)

But if you want to remember a hair style that the reader chose, it would be best to create a duplicate character of the customized character. You can make the duplicate character look exactly like the reader customized by using this command:

@DUPLICATE becomes CHARACTER

If you read through the guide above, you will learn that neither of those methods work with customization templates, and the only way to remember the hairstyle that was chosen is to make a duplicate character.

If you have a scene where you change the main character’s hair into something else, after the scene is done and you want to change the hair back, just make the main character become the duplicate.

So after the customization template: use @DUPLICATE becomes MC

Then later when you want to change the MC’s hair back, use: @MC becomes DUPLICATE

Thank you! This was very helpful

@Dara.Amarie - I have a question.

If I wanted to use the cellphone background where it shows the hand BUT I have a skin color customization, is there a way to do a template that IF (skin color is chosen) THEN (this background cellphone)?

I hope that makes sense.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Good afternoon, Dara!
I am struggling w

ith overlays, again.
I am having the error loop command can only be used with Overlay Animation Commands.
&overlay BZ2 opacity 100% in 0.3 THEN pause for 0.1 THEN overlay BZ2 opacity 0% in 0.5 loop 5 times
I need to use the pause for many reasons, I want to create an animate overlay. So
 I can’t fine a good solution for this one. Could you help me out on this one, please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The loop command is only for overlay animations, and there isn’t a way to work around it. You have to remove the pause.

1 Like

I’m back.

I’m having two issues in one, and they might be related.

Overlay ROOM01 is a full screen overlay, so I can use a character ‘fading’ in / out.

When VILKO moves to screen two, he keeps on going behind overlay ROOM01.

Inaddition to VILKO not staying in the correct layor, the ROOM01 won’t fully disappear when I opacity it.

INT. DUMPY MOTEL ROOM - NIGHT with BLOOD02 to 1 80 68 in zone 2 at layer 11 with BLOOD06 to .082 196 228 in zone 2 at layer 11 with BLOOD03 to .01 0 0 in zone 2 at layer 0 with SHADOW10 to .01 -13 69 in zone 2 at layer 2 with SHADOW1010 to .514 -77 -45 in zone 1 at layer 0 with SHADOW11 to 1.126 17 74 in zone 1 at layer 1 with MASK02 to .730 109 380 in zone 1 at layer 5 with BLOOD10 to .01 108 368 in zone 1 at layer 15 with BLOOD1010 to .01 89 362 in zone 1 at layer 16 with ROOM01 to 1 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 10
&cut to zone 2
&MCM spot 0.840 71 141 in zone 2 AND MCM faces left AND MCM is rear AND MCM moves to layer 12 AND VILKO stands upscreen left in zone 1 AND VILKO faces right AND VILKO moves to layer 11 AND VILKO is idle_sad_loop AND HEX spot 1.146 156 62 in zone 1 AND HEX moves to layer 6 AND HEX faces right AND HEX is idle
@transition fade in 1
&overlay SHADOW10 opacity .2 in 2.5 THEN overlay SHADOW10 opacity 1 in 3.5 loop INFINITE times
&overlay SHADOW1010 opacity 1 in 1 THEN overlay SHADOW1010 opacity .4 in 3 loop INFINITE times
&overlay SHADOW11 opacity 0 in 5 THEN overlay SHADOW11 opacity .7 in 1.5 loop INFINITE times

MCM
(Karen's blood is still moist.)
(Just by the sight of his blood, the nerves in my hands pulse as if his blood was still in my hands.)

&cut to zone 1

VILKO (talk_sad)
Do you need a moment?

&cut to zone 2

MCM
No.

NARR
. . .

choice
“Have Vilko watch the door”{
readerMessage You chose ‘Have Vilko watch the door’
gain episode1_WATCH

MCM (talk_neutral)
Could you watch the door Vilko?

&cut to zone 1

VILKO (talk_handsonhips_neutral)
Yep.

&VILKO faces left
&cut to zone 2
@MCM walks to spot 0.723 188 241 in 2
@MCM faces right AND MCM is tinker_kneel_neutral_loop
@MCM is standup_neutral
@add Spell Book Open Grey Black to MCM
@MCM is read_book_open_neutral_loop
&zoom on 548 266 to 243% in 2
&overlay ROOM01 clear

MCM (read_book_open_neutral_loop)
(| italic |I dedicate this book to myself.| reset |)
(Who dedicates a book to themselves?)

&zoom on 496 266 to 243% in 3
@MCM faces left

(Karen booked marked a few pages.)

MCM (read_paper_neutral)
(This book talks about dreams Adele was having . . . people dying.)
(Decapitation, piano falling on a guy. I've had all these dreams to.)

(| italic |I didn't learn until it was to late, that these deaths were in fact me.| reset |)
(| italic |Dying, and dying. Over and over again. It's almost as if a | bold , animation:shuffle-sideways |dark | reset , italic | monster was haunting me each and every time. | reset |)
(| italic |I called this monster Ciar, which means dark. | reset |)

&VILKO faces right
&zoom reset
@remove Spell Book Open Grey Black from MCM
@MCM is react_gasp_dismayed AND HEX faces right AND HEX is idle
@pan to zone 1
&overlay BLOOD10 scales to .082 .082 in zone 1 in 0 AND overlay BLOOD1010 scales to .1 .1 in zone 1 in 0 AND overlay MASK02 moves to layer 18

VILKO
[MCM] . . . I'm sorry -

goto end_male_1
}“Have Vilko come search with you”{
readerMessage You chose ‘Have Vilko come search with you’
gain episode1_SEARCH

MCM (talk_neutral)
Vilko, can you search for the book with me?

&cut to zone 1

VILKO (talk_smile_happy_loop)
Sure.

@pan to zone 2
&overlay ROOM01 opacity 0 in 4
@VILKO walks to back right in zone 2 AND MCM spot 0.840 109 193 in zone 2 AND MCM is tinker_kneel_neutral_loop AND MCM faces left THEN VILKO spot 0.840 164 236 in zone 2 AND VILKO moves to layer 16 AND VILKO is tinker_kneel_neutral_loop
@VILKO is standup_neutral
@add Spell Book Open Grey Black to VILKO

VILKO (talk_read_book_open_neutral_loop)
This is it.

&MCM is standup_neutral

VILKO (talk_read_paper_neutral)
It looks like Karen annotated some of it.
This Adele person is just like you, she wrote about nightmares she was having.
All relating to death.

VILKO (talk_read_book_open_neutral_loop)
Wait, [MCM], I think you told me about these deaths.
Didn't you have one about a piano falling on a guy?

MCM (talk_repulsed)
Yes -

VILKO (talk_read_paper_neutral)
- And one about Decapitation.

readerMessage Because of your choice ‘Have Vilko search with you’, you did not learn as much as you could have.

MCM (talk_unsure)
That's - that's crazy!
She was having the same dreams as me!

sound creepy_ghoul_sounds
@VILKO is shush_neutral AND MCM is idle_terrified_loop

VILKO (talk_unsure)
*Did you hear that?*

MCM (talk_unsure)
*Yes, what was that?*

&overlay ROOM01 opacity 0 in 4
@MCM is search_neutral AND VILKO is think_rubchin

#quick staggered zoom.
goto end_male_1
}

Thank you! :grin:

Tappable overlays? Do you have any info on that?