Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Closed as per Op request.

SOOOO happy that you’re back!

1 Like

Is there a limit on how many characters can be on a line? Bc when I was trying to put in my spoting codes I would go to the last character on the line and it would spawn to like 20 character before it.

I tried
&transition fade out red 0.3
but it did’t work. I reluctantly switched to
@transition fade out red 0.3
But how come it wouldn’t work with ampersand?

There’s currently a problem with the writer portal. Many other users (including myself) have been experiencing the same issue. You should submit a ticket

https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Transitions cannot work with &, if you want to have something happen while the transition is happening, then the other command needs to use the &

I’m not an expert or anything but I think it’s because & is for actions at the same time :joy:

Hi Dara. Welcome back and hope all is well.

First I got all my script correct but the problem is I’m trying to make my overlay move. I got the EFFECT SMOKE overlay but I don’t know how to make it move from one place to another well basically just to constantly move and repeat, if that makes sense.

@set hsl 0 -100 0 no_colorize with blendMode NORMAL to 100%
EXT. LOOPING WOODS - NIGHT

readerMessage Fifteen Years Ago

@overlay EFFECT SMOKE create
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE shifts to 1 0
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE to layer 3
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE opacity 1 in 0

@overlay EFFECT SMOKE create
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE shifts to -178 -31
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE to layer 3
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE opacity 0 in 0

Do you want to have your overlay shift from spot to spot in a loop? If so, this is how you loop overlays:

So if you want your overlay to shift from spot 1 0 to spot -178 -31 on a loop, it would look like this:

&overlay EFFECT SMOKE shifts to -178 -31 in T THEN overlay EFFECT SMOKE shifts to 1 0 in T loop INFINITE times

1 Like

Thank you so much! This helps a lot.

Can someone help me on this: Parts of Scene are skipped

Can you help with the last two lines on this picture? It says there is an error. I have tried multiple times to fix it.

You can’t add “in zone #” to an enters command. You’ll have to cut to zone 3 first then have your character enter.

You also cannot have 2 “changes into” commands on the same line. They need to be on separate lines.

1 Like

Ah okay, Thank you very much!

what am I doing wrong? :no_mouth:

Is there anyone free to code?

You will have to fix your gain names.

If you’re looking for a coder, you should post in the Find a Writing Partner section.

I’m new here so this is probably a very easy problem to fix.
I want my characters to be walking down a street for a long time, so I chose the background “EXT. OUTDOOR STREET LOOP - DAY”. However, when I watch the preview, the background does not move and the characters are just walking in place. How do I make it so that the background moves while the characters are walking?