Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Can the loop be used with the rotate? Basically it rotates once for me and then stops when I want it to keep rotating while shifting. They are on separate lines because the overlay function did not like being in the same line.

2 Likes

Yes the loop should work especially well for rotate
But I think you have to use the then command to string the lines together before being able to use the loop option

0 Likes

I want it to shift and rotate at the same time. If I use then, it won’t occur together.

0 Likes

I tested this out right now and for some reason even if you use THEN or even have the same overlay rotate again (with or without a pause) it just doesn’t seem to want to rotate more than once. It’s very weird :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I got some ideas, I’ll try them out and get back to you

0 Likes

But what does work is if you clear the overlay then immediately create and place the overlay again and have it rotate it works

So like:

&overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.25 THEN overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL clear THEN overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL create THEN overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL shifts to x y in zone # and overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL scales to # # and overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL opacity 1 THEN overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.25 loop 5 times

10 Likes

Overlay infinite loops don't work
A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS
Overlay spinning in place help
A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

Thank you!

0 Likes

Yes, the power of then :hugs:

0 Likes

Hello,
I know it’s a stupid question because I know this animation is somewhere here … but it has been more than 1hour that i am searching for it and it drives me insane… X_X
So, please, could someone give me the name of the animation where the character is like exasperate/annoyed/infuriate. The character puts one hand on the forehead and the other one on the waist. (A/N I am not talking about the idle/talk_exhausted animation).
I hope I’ve been clear enough >_<’

0 Likes

The animation is called “disappointed”

3 Likes

Well, sorry i am such a loser <_<
Thank you really much <3

0 Likes

If they are at the end of the flirt_fingersnap animation then how do we use just the weird stare in our story?

0 Likes

But what’s the purpose of writing a gain? And how will it be used in the story? Can’t we just write the dressing game without a gain? Cause non of my dressing games have gains?

0 Likes

You have to place your character offscreen, or zoom in somewhere do that you can’t see the character, and have them do the animation. You have to wait for the to finish the animation first, then either zoom out or place them onscreen.

3 Likes

Gains are used to remember certain choices. Like if you want to remember a character’s choice in a later episode. If you don’t need to remember outfit choices then you don’t need to add those gains.

2 Likes

Wait so if they finish the animation then they are going to be in the same position (the eye stare) for how long?

0 Likes

Characters will stay in an animation until you make them do another animation or until you change backgrounds.

2 Likes

Okay Thank you! I have another question as well. So I’m writing a story in which I need to add in a bunch of texting scenes because the main character is threatened by messages from an unknown person or a stalker so how do I do this? I don’t get how to use the phone overlay. And one more thing, is it possible to let the readers choose the skin tone they want the hand to be on the phone overlay?

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes

Use the narrator box for texting scenes with the phone background, not the overlay. If you want to have them open a text message, you can use a 1 option choice like this:

NARRATOR
You have received a new text!
choice
“Read text” {
}

It would be really tricky to try and match the skin phone overlay with whatever the readers chose as their skin color. That’s why you should use the simple phone background and not the phone overlay.

5 Likes