Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Hello Dara.Amarie,
my character stops hugging after a second. I just followed your directions up here.
What am I doing wrong?

Lines 206 and 207
Thank you so much

Hi @Dara.Amarie,

Are we able to code more than 1 overlay at a time?

Thanks,
Catelyn

1 Like

You need to use “does it while” when you have a character walking while doing an animation: AND CHARACTER does it while animation

On line 206, you’re using the & sign which means that command will happen at the same time as the one on line 207. You need to use the @ sign for line 206.

Then on line 207 you have “LYDIA is hug_rear” and then on the same line you have again “LYDIA does it while idle_rear”

First, “does it while” is only used for making a character walk while doing an animation. Second, your character is doing hug_rear which means they will already be rear so you don’t need to add the “LYDIA does it while idle_rear”

Yes you can: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

1 Like

Ok thank you!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Dara! I’ve been noticing that some writers have a choice without a speech bubble, and although when you try that in the portal, it gives an error, it was still possible for some writers. Do you know how I can achieve that too? Thanks. :slight_smile:

All you have to do is to reset the speechbubble to 0% so that it won’t be visible to readerhe choice is still there and it won’t give you an error! Like this:

@speechbubble reset
@speechbubble is x y to 0%

For more informations on speechbubble placements, check out this thread below!

1 Like

Thank you so much @Dara.Amarie !
Catelyn

Hey, can you please tell how to get a banner at the top of the screen at a specific scene?

Oh my! I never realized that there was & instead of @. :woman_facepalming:t2:
Thank you so much for the explanation! :rose:

The banner is called readerMessage. You can create one by writing this code

readerMessage ...

means whatever you want it to include! But don’t put long sentences in it! It can only last 5 seconds.

For more informations, check out these threads:

1 Like

Thank you so much, it really helped me @AndreaH

1 Like

how can we make our character walk in same spot position??, whenever the animation starts the spot position of character automatically changes.

You mean to just walk in place without moving to a different spot? You would just need to make your character do a walking animation.

Another reminder:

Please keep in mind that this is my help thread and I run this thread on my own. Thank you.

1 Like

The dripping mascara I’m pretty sure is behind @Nikkie, can I get some help? It’s not showing over her. I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong. :neutral_face:

05%20PM

I need help, this is your template so you should know I think.