Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

How do you zoom on someone and follow them to different zones? Please help.

You will have to pan and zoom to the next zone at the same time as your character walks.

&pan to zone # in [time] and zoom on [spot] in [time]
@CHARACTER walks to [spot] in [time]

Thank you!

Hi @Dara.Amarie
Can you help me with a problem ?

Of course, what’s the problem?

So if I wanted to make a character carry a wood overlay while walking
How would I do that ?

hi my last question i figured out but I have a new one

my overlay isnt showing i put

INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM - DAY with DESK OFFICE WOOD at -238 -56 1.000 at layer 2 in zone 3
@cut to zone 3
@BLAIRE spot 1.685 163 -195 and BLAIRE faces right
@BLAIRE starts idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop
@BLAIRE moves to layer 1

I think you have to add like 100 or something to one of the numbers like the x or y but i dont remember

You’d have to make the overlay shift to a spot at the same time your character walks.

Scale should be first and use the word “to”

with OVERLAY to scale x y

1 Like

Is anyone able to create a cover for my story?

Tysm sorry im bad at these things

Ex

@JOSEPHINE walks to screen center in 0.1 and JOSEPHINE does it while run_neutral_offset

Ask in Art Resources

I’m new to this and stuff… Does Anyone know why my characters are entering from the bottom of the screen and not left EX. @IAN walks to spot 0.900 77 159 in .1 AND IAN faces right

Hi Dara. I’m trying to narrate a scene with my two main characters talking in the background without dialogue but having trouble figuring out exactly how or if it’s possible. I could really use the help. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey Dara, can you help me?
So, I wrote this in my script:

INT. JAILCELL with JAILCELL1 at layer 2 with JAILSBARS at layer 0 with JAILBARS at layer -1
&cut to zone 2
@FIGURANT1 stands screen center in zone 2 at layer 1 and FIGUARNT1 faces right
@overlay 5942903554965504_JAILBARS shifts to -290 153
@overlay 5942903554965504_JAILBARS scales to 1.000 1.000

And the JAILCELL1 overlay and the second JAILBARS (the same overlay as the first JAILBARS, but I want to put the same overlay twice) aren’t appearing. My character isn’t appearing too.
Thanks,
Marta

Hi Dara
Basically I’m trying to code a scene when there is a pan of the ballroom, and each character is already there.

However when I preview it, it pans to a zone, pauses, then puts the characters in, then repeats.
Could you help me so that when I pan, the characters are already n their zones doing their actions?
Here is the script

INT. THE HAMILL BALLROOM - DAY
@cut to zone 1
@NATASHA spot 0.848 318 71 AND MAX spot 0.866 229 79 AND MAX faces right AND NATASHA starts talk_apathetic AND MAX starts talk_neutral
@pan to zone 2
@RIA spot 0.326 184 345 AND RIA is talk_argue_defensive AND ELLE spot 0.344 108 340 AND ELLE faces right AND ELLE is talk_afraid AND BACKGROUND1 spot 1.883 149 -599 AND BACKGROUND1 is talk_explain_neutral AND BACKGROUND1 faces right
@pan to zone 3
@LIELLE stands screen left AND LIELLE is talk_think_neutral AND LIELLE faces right AND BB2 stands screen right AND BB2 faces left AND BB2 is talk_neutral
@pause for a beat

Place your character at a spot offscreen first with the same scale size.

Or have your character enter to that spot (this means your character will enter at the default size then shrink down to 0.9 as they walk)

@CHARACTER enters from [left/right] to spot 0.9 77 159 in 1

Use the & sign for the background characters while they do animations.

&BG CHARACTER is animation

MAIN CHARACTER
Dialogue.

If you are using the same overlay twice, you have to add all their spots next to the background name. You can’t use the commands to place them because it will only place the first overlay.

If you are going to animate both overlays, then you need to use this:

1 Like