Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

@Dara.Amarie
Can you give me the code to shift the wood overlay the same time the char is walking

Place the commands on the same line using AND

@CHARACTER walks to ______ AND overlay OVERLAY shifts to _______

1 Like

You need to place all your characters at the beginning of the scene using the & sign

Thank you so much

1 Like

Hi! I’m new here and a real newbie XD. So three questions:

1. The door_knock sound isnt working when i add it, it says i didnt add a comma in between the effects :frowning:
  2. Is is a good idea to add a gem choice in the first 3 episodes?
  3. I can’t do it anyway cause the gem choice code the guide gave me doesnt work XP, help?

A gem choice within the first 3 episodes is totally fine. What does your script look like for both the sound and the gem choice.

#beat starts
@LILY changes into Cupcake PJs
@LILY changes hairColor into Black
@LILY changes mouthColor into Cherry Red
@LILY changes eyesColor into Purple
@LILY changes hair into High Ponytail
@LILY changes eyebrows into Smooth Arch
@LILY changes nose into Pointed
@LILY changes face into Diamond
@LILY changes bodyColor into Tan
@LILY changes eyes into Round Bold
@LILY changes mouth into Blossom Lips

NARRATOR
| color:red , animation:shuffle-sideways , sound:door_knock|*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

#beat ends

This is for the sound. i also had text red and shuffle

&LILY starts think

KIKI (talk_excited)
So you rocking this awesome dress or has black got your back?

choice “(Gold_Wrap_Dress)”
“Wear this and make a great impression!”
#beat starts

LILY (talk_excited)
I think I'm gonna rock this dress!

#beat ends

This is what i had for the gems

You’re the best hun. Thank you

The sound doesn’t belong on the line of dialogue. It belongs in its own line by itself.

Remove the quotes around the choice name

It still has a delay. Here’s what I changed it to

INT. THE HAMILL BALLROOM - DAY
@cut to zone 1
&NATASHA spot 0.848 318 71 AND MAX spot 0.866 229 79 AND MAX faces right AND NATASHA starts talk_apathetic AND MAX starts talk_neutral
@pan to zone 2
&RIA spot 0.326 184 345 AND RIA is talk_argue_defensive AND &ELLE spot 0.344 108 340 AND ELLE faces right AND ELLE is talk_afraid AND BACKGROUND1 spot 1.883 149 -599 AND BACKGROUND1 is talk_explain_neutral AND BACKGROUND1 faces right
@pan to zone 3
&LIELLE stands screen left AND LIELLE is talk_think_neutral AND LIELLE faces right AND BB2 stands screen right AND BB2 faces left AND BB2 is talk_neutral
@pause for a beat

1 Like

#beat starts
@LILY changes into Cupcake PJs
@LILY changes hairColor into Black
@LILY changes mouthColor into Cherry Red
@LILY changes eyesColor into Purple
@LILY changes hair into High Ponytail
@LILY changes eyebrows into Smooth Arch
@LILY changes nose into Pointed
@LILY changes face into Diamond
@LILY changes bodyColor into Tan
@LILY changes eyes into Round Bold
@LILY changes mouth into Blossom Lips

NARRATOR
    sound door_knock
| color:red , animation:shuffle-sideways|*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

#beat ends

It still says its wrong but now it says UNEXPECTED SOUND:door_knock

The sound needs to be placed before the narrator name.
A Simple Guide to Using Sound Effects and Music

BACKGROUND NAME
&CHARACTER1 spot _________
&CHARACTER2 spot _________
&CHARACTER3 spot _________
@cut/pan/transition

1 Like

There’s still a delay for about half a second before the characters appear
INT. THE HAMILL BALLROOM - DAY
@cut to zone 1
&NATASHA spot 0.848 322 186
&NATASHA starts talk_apathetic
&MAX spot 0.866 240 187
&MAX faces right
&MAX starts talk_neutral
@pan to zone 2
&RIA spot 0.326 184 345
&RIA is talk_argue_defensive
&ELLE spot 0.344 108 340
&ELLE faces right
&ELLE is talk_afraid
&BACKGROUND1 spot 1.883 149 -599 AND BACKGROUND1 is talk_explain_neutral AND BACKGROUND1 faces right
@pan to zone 3
&LIELLE stands screen center
&LIELLE is talk_think_neutral
&LIELLE faces right
&LANA stands screen right
&LANA faces left
&LANA is talk_neutral
@pause for a beat

Thx for the sound help but the gem code still isnt working :frowning:

ALL characters from all zones needs to be placed at the BEGINNING of the scene all at once before you cut or pan

choice (CHOICE_NAME)
<GEMS> "Option Here" {

Hi there. So I have a bit of a struggle with overlays, and it’s kinda complex to describe, but I’ll try my best.
What I want to do: I wanna do a frontal car ride scene with the road moving behind the car going onto the the darkness (night scene).
What I have: 1. I uploaded two similar road overlays, each is the size of the screen, with the upper part and bottom part similar, so when they connect, they look like it is a one piece. 2. Overlay with a night sky, softly ending, size is approx. half of the screen.

Sky line overlay

So the idea was to get road overlays moving one behind another, and each road overlay after reaching upper part of the screen goes down under the screen in 0, and it all on continuous loop.
The code is below:

Code

INT. IBLACK - NIGHT with RSROAD to 1.000 0 0 with RSROAD2 to 1.000 0 -575 with RSSKY
@overlay RSROAD to layer 0
@overlay RSROAD2 to layer 1
@overlay RSSKY to layer 2
&overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 285 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 -600 in 0 THEN overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 -565 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 -272 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 0 in 3 loop INFINITE times
&overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 -272 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 0 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 285 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 -600 in 0 THEN overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 -565 in 3

Basically:
0 0 is the position where road overlay is covering the whole screen
0 -575 - position where road overlay is exactly below the screen bottom line
0 -600 position after reaching upper part, and going under, so after that it moves to the position 0 -575, when I need a 3 seconds pause
0 -272 position where road overlay is only on the bottom half of the screen
0 285 - position where road overlay is only on the half upper the screen

In the beginning they move perfectly, but in 10 seconds overlays are kinda apart. I’m not sure how to do it right, at this point, or where I’m wrong, because I created a 12 seconds cycle for each. And I honestly killed 3 hours on this shit, but I wanna make it work :joy:

Hope you will be able to help. :heart:
UPD
So I tried to fix it, and it almost works perfectly

Code

INT. IBLACK - NIGHT with RSROAD to 1.000 0 0 with RSROAD2 to 1.000 0 -560 with RSSKY
@overlay RSROAD to layer 0
@overlay RSROAD2 to layer 1
@overlay RSSKY to layer 2
&overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 285 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 -850 in 0 THEN overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 -560 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 -285 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD shifts to 0 0 in 3 loop INFINITE times
&overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 -285 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 0 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 285 in 3 THEN overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 -850 in 0 THEN overlay RSROAD2 shifts to 0 -560 in 3 loop INFINITE times

Only thing is that there are some mismatches, quite random, not big like 5-10 pixels
UPD2 :joy:
Now I got it playing in previewer for several minutes, and this gap between road layers gets bigger and bigger. I’m confused.