Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Hi Dara (I’m so sorry for bothering you again and again)

It still does not work, and groups all characters in one zone like this

Here’s the script again

INT. THE HAMILL BALLROOM - DAY
&NATASHA spot 0.848 322 186
&NATASHA starts talk_apathetic
&MAX spot 0.866 240 187
&MAX faces right
&MAX starts talk_neutral
&RIA spot 0.326 184 345
&RIA is talk_argue_defensive
&ELLE spot 0.344 108 340
&ELLE faces right
&ELLE is talk_afraid
&BACKGROUND1 spot 1.883 149 -599 AND BACKGROUND1 is talk_explain_neutral AND BACKGROUND1 faces right
&LIELLE stands screen center
&LIELLE is talk_think_neutral
&LIELLE faces right
&LANA stands screen right
&LANA faces left
&LANA is talk_neutral
@cut to zone 1
@pan to zone 2
@pan to zone 3

Hey Dara,

I have a problem with a scene and I really need your help.

The scene is in a room with a lot of people and then the main character is supposed to walk across the room from zone 1 to zone 3 but when I do it it looks like she’s walking directly through the other characters instead of walking in front of them like I want her to.

Please help me

Lots of support,
CERW

okay, but my problem is: none of my overlays are appearing in the preview, so i can’t spot them. is this a glitch?

Hey @Dara.Amarie i did what you said and this happened…

the Camera can’t keep up with her even when i make her walk very slow and the camera very fast.

Hi Dara! so I’m writing my first story and i need help please. How do i make a car drive into a scene from the left with characters in it?

🚗 HOW TO: Drive into / Drive Off the scene with Character inside

Hey, dara what do I do about these errors

You have to layer your characters: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

You need to add the zone to your character’s placements

&CHARACTER spot scale x y in zone # at layer # and CHARACTER faces left/right and CHARACTER is animation

1 Like

Remove the layer from that command. It shouldn’t be there. You also need to add the zone to the overlay shift command

It says error 11 and sometimes when I refresh it, it says error 67

There’s a hidden error somewhere in your script that you’re gonna have to search for carefully. Check spotting, misspelled words, or anything that doesn’t look right.

1 Like

Can I send you my script because everything looks right

Pan, zoom, and have your character walk all in the same exact amount of seconds. You also need to use the & sign when you pan and zoom so that it will happen at the same time your character walks.

INT. CUSTOM BG - DAY
music mus_dance_hall
@transition fade in black 4.1
@XEA walks to screen center AND XEA does it while walk_sad_loop

Okay thank you

Is that the only thing in your entire script?

1 Like

Yeah

So, I deleted some of the things I had written, and this is how it is now:

INT. JAILCELL with JAILCELL1 in zone 2 at layer 2 with JAILSBARS in zone 2 at layer 0
&cut to zone 2

The overlays still don’t appear in the preview. I also tried in the app, but it didn’t work. is this a glitch?

Try deleting everything, save, then add that in again

1 Like