Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Hey Dara! I’m having trouble looping overlays and making them go infinite times. It doesn’t seem to be working for me. For this scene it’s in a club and I want the spotlights to be constantly moving around but like the same pattern. If you could please help that would be awesome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi Dara! I need a little help with character customization in my story.

I’m trying to put customization for the main character & the love interest BUT I also wanted to have art scenes of the characters with their original looks.

How do I code customization that practically says “if you change the looks of the characters, you will NOT have the special art scenes.”

But I want to have the art scenes for the readers that keep the original looks.

or is too complicated to code? Thank you! :slight_smile:

You’d make a choice that asks if they want to customize or not, then inside the “No” option, add a gain.

NARR
Do you want to customize this character? You will not be able to see the special art scenes if you do.

choice
“Yes, I want to customize” {
goto customize_char
} “No, I want to see the art scenes.” {
gain dont_custom
goto after_customize
}

label customize_char
@pause for 0
#CC GOES HERE

label after_customize
#CONTINUE STORY HERE

Then later for the special art scenes, you would use the if/else with the gain.

if (dont_custom) {
#ART SCENE HERE

} else {
#SKIP ART SCENE HERE
}

You need to use layers to layer your characters: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

If you read my original post in this thread, you will find all my guides and templates: Multiple Character Customization Templates (INK & Limelight)

1 Like

Oh my gosh, you’re a lifesaver! Thank you so so much, Dara! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I asked, I found it right after, Thank you so so much for making these!!!

Maybe try reuploading those overlays, then see if they will work

That’s great that you fixed it! Sorry, yours was a bit complicated so I was going to wait until after thanksgiving to figure yours out. But glad it’s resolved now!

1 Like

What does your script look like now? And are you getting any errors? What about it isn’t working well for you?

1 Like

I haven’t actually tried it in this specific script. But I’ve tried making overlay go infinite time a bunch of times and it has never worked.

Is there a code that would take away the nose and eyebrows of a character. I can’t figure out how to take it away or if it is possible.

You can take them off when creating the character.

But can I put it into the script in any way? (I need this for a temporary moment rather than all of the time)

I’m not sure maybe try- @CHARCTER changes nose into none or --none-- or None
If not you will have to wait for Dara, sorry if I can’t help

1 Like

That’s alright. I tried those before I came here but otherwise I’m as lost as you. Thanks for trying to help though it is appreciated.

Your welcome, I hope you find the answer!

1 Like

There is no code. You will have to make a copy of the character without the nose and eyebrows.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like