Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

There is no animation for walking and laughing. If you make a character “walk” to a spot while doing an animation, then they will just glide whilst doing that animation.

Ok well can I have them walk in and then do the animation? How would that be worded in the script?

Yes, just make them all walk to their spots, then right after make them all laugh.

@/ROSE enters from right to screen center and LENA enters from right to screen right and NOAH enters from right to screen right
@/ROSE is laugh_crackup and LENA is laugh_giggle and NOAH is laugh_chuckle

I’m wondering the best way to make to look like someone got thrown backwards.

Any help on which animation is best would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

The punch receive animations would look good if you had them “walk” to a spot while doing that animation.

thank you

Oh my, I haven’t done that. This is my first story so I don’t know things like this. I tried, and it worked like it should. Thanks dara, you are a lifesaver!

How would I have the camera follow someone who is running. Like how would I have the person doing the running animation and the camera is following them to zone 3 while they are still doing the run animation?

@follow CHARACTER to [position] in zone # and CHARACTER does it while [running animation]

Or if you’re walking to a spot:

&pan to zone #
@CHARACTER walks to % x y in zone # and CHARACTER does it while [running animation]

Is there a yelling animation?

@scream

is there a rain sound effect?

The only one is ambient_thunderstorm_lp

I’m a beginner and am writing my first story on the computer but I really wanted it to be good! How do I add choices like clothing or hair?

I have a simple dressing game template here:

And I have a hairstyle and lipstick change template for INK and Limelight here:

If you just want the hair and not the lip color, just tell me which style and I can send it to you.

ok, thank you

Hello! I have a script error and I dont know how to fix it. I’m doing the avatar customization thing and it says “unexpected character” here’s my script:

INT. BLACK - DAY
NARRATOR
Before we start, please take a moment to customize Ally.

@ALLY enters from left to screen center
label allycustomization

NARRATOR
This is Ally. Do you want to customize her, or leave her as she is.

choice “I want to customize her!” {

NARRATOR
Are you sure? This is your only chance.

choice “Yes. I want to customize her.” {

NARRATOR
Okay!

@ALLY goes to character avatar

} “No, take me back” {
goto allycustomization
}
}
“No! I like her the way she is.” {

NARRATOR
Are you sure? This is your only chance.

choice “Yes. I want her to stay the same.”

[ERROR HERE]

NARRATOR
Okay!

} “No, take me back” {
goto allycustomization
}}
@ALLY stands screen center

NARRATOR
This is Ally.

You forgot to add a starting bracket for “Yes. I want her to stay the same.”

1 Like

OOOOooooohhhhh! Thank you I had it and then I must of deleted it when adding the dialoge. THANK YOUUUU

You’re welcome :blush: