Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Hi, your threads have helped alot so I was wondering if you knew or maybe if you already have addressed this but how do you change the walk type action if that makes sense

Thank you in advance!

Do you mean like walking while angry, sad, scared, etc?

@pan to zone 2

@add Moving Box to SAPPHIRE

@SAPPHIRE spot 0.506 193 320 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND SAPPHIRE faces left

@SAPPHIRE walks to spot 0.668 69 245 in zone 2 AND SAPPHIRE is walk_box_neutral_loop

@SAPPHIRE is idle_box_carry_neutral_loop AND SAPPHIRE faces right AND SAPPHIRE moves to layer 3

So what I want Sapphire to do is to walk to a spot carrying the box and then stop and stand there with the box in her arms, but after she finishes walking for a second she goes to idle, and it looks really awkward with the box by her side for a moment, before she goes into the idle_box_carry_neutral_loop. So how do I stop her from going to idle?

Change that ā€œisā€ to does it while

@SAPPHIRE walks to spot 0.668 69 245 in zone 2 AND SAPPHIRE does it while walk_box_neutral_loop

Ah- Thanks so much!

Yes thatā€™s what Iā€™m meaning

If the player customizes their friend how would they talk with the friends name they wrote on the speechbubble?

FRIEND [FRIENDNAME]
How are you today?

Like this?

Youā€™ll need to have your characters walk to a spot while they are doing one of the walking animations.

@CHARACTER walks to [spot] and CHARACTER does it while [animation]

So for an example:
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 100 0 and CHARACTER does it while walk_scared

@chr0nos Youā€™d have make it yourself, and to get them to show up one by one youā€™d have to use sound and get the text bubbles one by one,

I did a character customization for the MC but I also want a character customization for the friend. How can I do it in the same episode without warnings of duplicate labels?

Where would I find an ā€œAllā€ bar on a samsung chromebook? Or would I have to type in the friends name by myself?

Hi. Iā€™m writing my first story and iā€™m having a problem with fading. I added in the transition fade straight after I added the scene and where my character is standing but it kind of glitches. It opens into the scene and then it fades in. What am I doing wrong?

Script:

INT. DUMPY APARTMENT BEDROOM - DAY

cut to zone 2

CHARACTER spot 0.863 3 348 in zone 2 AND CHARACTER faces left AND CHARACTER is idle_lay_exhausted_loop

transition fade in black 3

of course with @ symbols

thanks for helping <3

Iā€™m pretty sure the ctrl + F works on a chromebook, too.

ok

Everything before the transition command needs to have the & sign instead of the @ sign

INT. DUMPY APARTMENT BEDROOM - DAY
&cut to zone 2
&CHARACTER spot 0.863 3 348 in zone 2 AND CHARACTER faces left AND CHARACTER is idle_lay_exhausted_loop
@transition fade in black 3

Thanks a lot, now i got it right! <3

I do ctrl+f and it shows the thing and I have FEMALEAVATAR highlighted then I write YOU for my characters name but it just brings me to the nearest YOU in the script.

I do have ā€œallā€ aswell