Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Hey Dara.

How to make spotlight characters being on scene all at once, all making looping animations and some even talking. I achieved that once, but I have no idea how! :weary:

Hey Dara.

Iā€™ve been trying to add a gun overlay to my scene and this is apparently an error I just canā€™t see whats wrong.

@overlay GUN create
@overlay GUN shifts to 97 312 in zone 2 at layer 3
@overlay GUN scales to 0.130 0.130 in 0
@overlay GUN opacity 1 in 0

also I was wondering how I can make the gun move when the character moves and how I can remove it afterwards?

Are you using the web previewer? Because lately the web previewer has been glitchy a lot, making characters do actions that arenā€™t part of the script or changing outfits into something different, etc.

What does your script look like?

You spelled ā€œlabelā€ wrong right above where youā€™re getting the red x.

Remove ā€œat layer 3ā€ from the shifts command. If you want to change the layer, the command looks like this: @overlay OVERLAY to layer #

anyone have example script of a classroom day where people are sitting in back and some up front? Iā€™m still having trouble with that . >< and would love an example script. i promise to give credit to whoever helps me. please. thank you! i do know about overlay and stuff but idk how to do that with back of the classroom compared to front

Hey Dara

I was wondering how I can remove an overlay from a scene?

1 Like

Okay thx Dara

To be honest, I donā€™t work with spotlight all that much so I donā€™t have a definite answer on exactly how you can do that.

1 Like

hey dara I want to move this character from a spot but i keep getting a layer error

@YOU moves left AND YOU does it while standup_neutral AND YOU faces left

ā€œmoves leftā€ is not an actual command.

Are you trying to have them physically move to the left (like shift), or do you just want to place your character on the left side of the screen?

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to get them to shift from one area to another

You need to make them walk to wherever you want them to move to while doing an animation.

@CHARACTER walks to screen left and CHARACTER faces left/right and CHARACTER does it while animation

1 Like

now it says @YOU walks to screen left AND YOU faces left AND YOU does it while standup_neutral
now i dont have a warning i actually have an error
ā€œWrong syntax of specific coordinatesā€

Can you post a screenshot of your script?

1 Like

nvm I fixed it, there was accidentally a . where it shouldnā€™t be, thanks

Hey Dara.

Sorry to ask again but I need a bit of help with a scene

INT. ICE CREAM PARLOR - DAY

music music_acousticballad

@EXTRA 1 spot 1.046 230 129 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND EXTRA 1 faces left AND EXTRA 15 spot 1.001 137 114 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND EXTRA 15 is idle_rear AND EXTRA 15 faces left

@EXTRA 15 is talk_rear AND EXTRA 1 starts talk_arms_crossed_loop

@KITTY stands screen center in zone 2 AND KITTY faces left AND KITTY is talk_gesture_rear

sound doorbell

@SILVER enters from left to upscreen left AND SILVER faces right AND BRONZE enters from left to screen left AND BRONZE faces right

@BRONZE spot 1.280 50 0 in zone 1 at layer 3

@SILVER spot 1.280 100 0 in zone 1 at layer 3

For some reason no matter what I do the character extra 15 always ends up in front of Bronze and Silver when its supposed to be behind them :frowning:

Iā€™ve got no idea what to do here, please help

1 Like

back again dara, I cant get the car to move with the people at the same time, looked at the car help thread but it didnt help

@transition fade out black
EXT. DADā€™S HOUSE - NIGHT with CAR SIDE BROWN to 1.0 -483 0
@pause for a beat
@cut to zone 2
music car_motor
&SOREYA spot 1.280 -32 -182 AND SOREYA faces left AND SOREYA does it while idle
&YOU spot 1.280 -75 -184 AND YOU does it while idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop
&ISABELLE spot 1.280 -229 -174 AND ISABELLE does it while text_phone_neutral_loop
music car_off
&SOREYA walks to spot 1.280 306 -182 in 1.5 AND SOREYA faces left AND SOREYA does it while idle
&YOU walks to spot 1.280 252 -184 in 1.5 AND YOU does it while idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop
&ISABELLE walks to spot 1.280 119 -174 in 1.5 AND ISABELLE does it while text_phone_neutral_loop
@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN shifts to 174 0 in 1.5
@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN scales to 1.000 1.000

i just have spoilers so theres not a ton of garbage flooding up the thread