Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

I’m trying to get them to shift from one area to another

You need to make them walk to wherever you want them to move to while doing an animation.

@CHARACTER walks to screen left and CHARACTER faces left/right and CHARACTER does it while animation

1 Like

now it says @YOU walks to screen left AND YOU faces left AND YOU does it while standup_neutral
now i dont have a warning i actually have an error
“Wrong syntax of specific coordinates”

Can you post a screenshot of your script?

1 Like

nvm I fixed it, there was accidentally a . where it shouldn’t be, thanks

Hey Dara.

Sorry to ask again but I need a bit of help with a scene

INT. ICE CREAM PARLOR - DAY

music music_acousticballad

@EXTRA 1 spot 1.046 230 129 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND EXTRA 1 faces left AND EXTRA 15 spot 1.001 137 114 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND EXTRA 15 is idle_rear AND EXTRA 15 faces left

@EXTRA 15 is talk_rear AND EXTRA 1 starts talk_arms_crossed_loop

@KITTY stands screen center in zone 2 AND KITTY faces left AND KITTY is talk_gesture_rear

sound doorbell

@SILVER enters from left to upscreen left AND SILVER faces right AND BRONZE enters from left to screen left AND BRONZE faces right

@BRONZE spot 1.280 50 0 in zone 1 at layer 3

@SILVER spot 1.280 100 0 in zone 1 at layer 3

For some reason no matter what I do the character extra 15 always ends up in front of Bronze and Silver when its supposed to be behind them :frowning:

I’ve got no idea what to do here, please help

1 Like

back again dara, I cant get the car to move with the people at the same time, looked at the car help thread but it didnt help

@transition fade out black
EXT. DAD’S HOUSE - NIGHT with CAR SIDE BROWN to 1.0 -483 0
@pause for a beat
@cut to zone 2
music car_motor
&SOREYA spot 1.280 -32 -182 AND SOREYA faces left AND SOREYA does it while idle
&YOU spot 1.280 -75 -184 AND YOU does it while idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop
&ISABELLE spot 1.280 -229 -174 AND ISABELLE does it while text_phone_neutral_loop
music car_off
&SOREYA walks to spot 1.280 306 -182 in 1.5 AND SOREYA faces left AND SOREYA does it while idle
&YOU walks to spot 1.280 252 -184 in 1.5 AND YOU does it while idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop
&ISABELLE walks to spot 1.280 119 -174 in 1.5 AND ISABELLE does it while text_phone_neutral_loop
@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN shifts to 174 0 in 1.5
@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN scales to 1.000 1.000

i just have spoilers so theres not a ton of garbage flooding up the thread

Ups I’ve found the mistake and don’t need help anymore

The characters aren’t placed in the car for their starting positions. (before you shift the overlay and move the characters)

1 Like

Hit there I need help figuring out how to make my two characters that are close to each other start to slow dance in a smooth transition. Please and thank you! Oh and the story is in limelight.

OMG… thank you . it would have taken me long time to notice that misspell:kissing_heart:

Oh whatever I just made it correct, but thank you :smiley:

Hey Dara.

I need a bit help with something.

I’m having trouble getting to the new scenes after the multiple choice. Every time I’ve tried I always end up at the beginning of the label even when I’ve tried all the options.

I just can’t seem to figure out how to code it so the reader won’t return to the beginning of the choice after reading all the choices. Please help

The smoothest way it to get one of them to walk slightly closer to the other character and then just have them both do the slow dance animation.

1 Like

Add a “Done reading all options” choice at the end.

1 Like

I’m trying to add an overlay to the same scene but it won’t show the overlay.
Here’s the script:

@zoom reset
@EVELYN exits right
@cut to zone 1

INT. WALKINCLOSET - DAY with BLINDS

sound door_slam

Thanks!

Hey, I was wondering if you had a ballroom template?

1 Like

I’ve tried that before but it just keeps returning to the multiple choice

Are you putting a label inside of that choice? Because you’re not suppose to; it’s just suppose to be blank.

choice
“Option 1” {
goto label
} “Option 2” {
goto label
} “Option 3” {
goto label
} “Done”{
}

2 Likes

I’m gonna try it