Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Is it just @overlay? I need to see exactly what you put in your script.

Hi! I have a problem with Cellphone background. How to make character stand inside the screen and add another background to it?

You’ll have to use the cell phone overlay not the background. Use the background you want to “be inside” the phone and just add the phone overlay next to the background name using the word “with” in the script

BACKGROUND NAME with OVERLAY in zone #

Hi, I want my characters to kiss while they move across the screen. When I add the script it goes normally until they reach their designated spot and they stop kissing and face right. I don’t want them to randomly stop because it looks weird and awkward.
Here is my script:
INT. APARTMENT - NIGHT
@ JESSE spot 1.352 48 14 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND JESSE faces left AND REBECCA spot 1.244 118 53 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND REBECCA faces left

@ JESSE is kiss_passionate_loop_rear AND REBECCA is kiss_passionate_loop

@pause for 2
@zoom on 95 430 to 120% in 2

&JESSE walks to spot 1.352 214 31 AND JESSE does it while kiss_passionate_loop AND JESSE faces right

&REBECCA walks to spot 1.244 307 56 AND REBECCA does it while kiss_passionate_loop_rear AND REBECCA faces right
&JESSE moves to layer 1
&REBECCA moves to layer 2

When you use “walks to” with “does it while” the characters stop doing the animation once they finish “walking” to their spots. So you have to make them do the animation again. So put @CHARACTER is animation right after the walking command.

i just tried that but they still face right for a second and then continue the animation and it looks awkward.

to explain it more clearly, they become idle even though i did what you said

I just tried it out… I see what you mean.
They just stand there…
It might be a glitch
I would fill out a ticket for admin

Ah okay hold on I will test it and figure out the issue.

I tried adding commands right after the code and it didn’t work. I had to add some dialogue and then a command and that’s when there was movement

Okay so put the layer commands before they walk, also the REBECCA walking command needs to have an @ sign and not the & sign. Instead of adding a @CHARACTER is animation command right after, use a THEN command on the same line for each character.

@/JESSE moves to layer 1 and REBECCA moves to layer 2
&JESSE walks to spot 1.352 214 31 AND JESSE does it while kiss_passionate_loop AND JESSE faces right THEN JESSE starts kiss_passionate_loop
@/REBECCA walks to spot 1.244 307 56 AND REBECCA does it while kiss_passionate_loop_rear AND REBECCA faces right THEN REBECCA starts kiss_passionate_loop_rear

I got it! Thanks)

I’m having trouble with rotating overlays. If it rotates on .5 .5, that means it rotates like the wheels of a car, right? Or am I misunderstanding that :sweat_smile: My overlay appears to rotate on one of its corners when I want it to rotate like a wheel.

Code: &overlay RDUST rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5

Not sure if I’m misunderstanding, wrote it incorrectly, or if it’s just my overlay misbehaving.

OMG thank you so much it worked lol

I need help with this script error:

You need to specify what zone their in before you put the layer number when you use spots

@CHARACTER spot % x y in zone # at layer number

1 Like

No, sorry about that!

@overlay LAPTOP DETAIL shifts to 75 199

but every time I try and load the game, it doesn’t show up. i’m not sure what i’m doing wrong.

how do you do remembering pass choices (with examples please)

Where’s an example provided by the ingenious @Dara.Amarie:

1 Like

I need some help with gains. I wanna make choices in my story that will be unlocked by previous choices that readers make. So how do I do this?