Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Ok i really hoped this is the case :smiley: thank you <3

Yep :slight_smile: the scene starts in color then fades into black and white but after it fades for some reason the color pops back on for a second then goes back to white and black. Does that make sense?

Put the filter command after the background name and add “in 0” at the end of it.

1 Like

Hey Dara! I’m trying to lock some choices but when I preview the game, the choices have a padlock but they do work, if I hit that button it sends me to the label I’m trying to block. Any idea why?

Using <LOCKED> doesn’t actually lock your choices; it only adds a padlock image to the choice.

1 Like

How do I have an overlay show up in zone 2?

Place the overlay in zone 2

1 Like

Hey, this is kinda complex so bear with me.
So, the mc in my story has a default name, but I want to give readers a choice to customize her name if they feel like it. Say, the default name is Remy- then there’s choice to keep the name as Remy or to change it. Since readers have a choice to type in the name, the display name for Remy is going to be [NAME]. But if readers choose to keep the name the same, how do I automatically make it so that the story fills in [NAME] as Remy?
Or should I just tell them to type in Remy in a type in choice and trust them on it?

Ohhhh so it’s only for show then? hahaha well thanks

@Dara.Amarie In my story, I want the readers to be able to choose the name for all of the love interests. But how do I make it to where the name they typed in is the name that appears above the speech bubble?

input What is his/her name? | What is his/her name? | Done (CHARACTER)

Just put the character’s script name inside the parentheses. (As long as the the display name of the character is exactly the same as whatever is inside the parentheses, it will show on top of speechbubbles)

More on typed in choices here: A Guide to Typed-in Choices

1 Like

Hi I’m back :confused: can you help me fix this error?

Remove that space between go and to on line 2925

1 Like

ah, thank you once again :slight_smile:

hehe 2nd time today. do you know how to put an overlay in front of a character? like for example, i want to have it where a character enters the rooms and walks behind the dinner table and then walks and sits at the table.

HII can you help me? So basically I wanted to have the narrator talk after one of my characters, but then an error comes and says I can’t have one character immediately following another.
EXAMPLE:
SOPHIA (talk_neutral_loop)
Ok see ya then

NARRATOR
SCHOOL BELL RINGS

You’ll have to put your character at a lower layer than the overlay. Here’s how to layer overlays:

1 Like

You need a period, exclamation point, or any ending puncuation if you have dialogue in all caps.

1 Like

OK thanks so much it worked!

Hey, if a character is laying down, how do you make it have a transparent background if you can’t fully see it?