Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

To make a “shake” effect, you have to zoom in at random spots in a span of 0.1 seconds each

@zoom on ------ in 0.1
@zoom on ------ in 0.1
@zoom on ------ in 0.1
@zoom on ------ in 0.1

2 Likes

Would that be possible to do with an animation?

1 Like

Shake while a character is doing an animation? Yes, just use the & sign for the character.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m working on my first story, I have an outline and everything, I’m just very new to coding/ directing. I don’t understand it very well yet. Do you have any helpful tips or youtube videos on where to start? What helped you understand it and improve? thank you :slight_smile:

0 Likes

The Guides are very helpful for beginners. That’s where I learned from when I first started. A lot of people say that Joseph Evan’s tutorials on YouTube are also very helpful.

Also, you can find a lot of guides and how-to’s here on the Forums, created by me and other very helpful users. If you have any specific questions, you can either create your own topic or ask here on my Help Thread.

2 Likes

Thank you! One thing I haven’t been able to find is how to put up the episode warning screen and then switch to another background. It says there needs to be something in between

0 Likes

You just need to put a pause after the background name.

BACKGROUND NAME
@pause for [number of seconds]

So an example would be:

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
@pause for 3

1 Like

Okay thanks!

0 Likes

Hey quick question when I give the option to change hairstyles just for one scene are they supposed to reset to the original hairstyle in the next scene or do I have to code something to reset it?

0 Likes

You have to change it back to the original hairstyle: @CHARACTER changes hair into Hairstyle Name

But if you have a character that you let readers customize, you’d have to create a duplicate character and change the duplicate’s hair (instead of changing the main character’s hair). So when you want to go back to the original hairstyle, just switch back to the main character.
To create a duplicate, use this code: @DUPLICATE becomes CHARACTER

2 Likes

So the scene is in the middle of the 2nd episode and I did what you told me to do at the beginning of the next scene. On the web previewer it’s correct but on my phone when I reset my story progress the hair won’t change back. Even in the previous chapter it shows whatever they chose in chapter 2. Does that make sense?

0 Likes

The app has been glitchy and weird lately when it comes to resetting story progress to reset a character’s appearance. You should submit a ticket about the issue. You’ll just have to manually change the appearance back to what you originally had it using the “@CHARACTER changes” commands.

2 Likes

is there a way to put blood on clothes (any clothing not just the ones that already have blood on them like the victorian ones) without getting the blood overlay? i can do that, i’m just wondering if there’s another way to do it

0 Likes

No there isn’t, the only way is to use overlays.

1 Like

For a flashback I fade out of a scene and use a black and white filter but it fades out then shows the original screen before moving on to the next one. This is what I have down:

music off

@transition fade out black in 3
@remove Coffee Cup from KYLA

FILTER: Black and White

@set hsl 0 -100 0 no_colorize with blendMode NORMAL to 100%

Your filter will be enabled for every scene after this line

To turn off the filter, use “@reset hsl” or “@reset hsl in [# of seconds]”

INT. ARCHIVE ROOM - DAY
music music_daytimejazz

what can I do to make sure it fades out and goes straight into the next scene?

0 Likes

sorry about the gigantic letters it didn’t look like that when I typed it out

0 Likes

May I have some help with something on my episode story

0 Likes

Add “in 0” when you reset the filter.
@reset hsl in 0

2 Likes

What do you need help with?

0 Likes

Split Screen

0 Likes