Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Can the loop be used with the rotate? Basically it rotates once for me and then stops when I want it to keep rotating while shifting. They are on separate lines because the overlay function did not like being in the same line.

2 Likes

Yes the loop should work especially well for rotate
But I think you have to use the then command to string the lines together before being able to use the loop option

I want it to shift and rotate at the same time. If I use then, it won’t occur together.

I tested this out right now and for some reason even if you use THEN or even have the same overlay rotate again (with or without a pause) it just doesn’t seem to want to rotate more than once. It’s very weird :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I got some ideas, I’ll try them out and get back to you

But what does work is if you clear the overlay then immediately create and place the overlay again and have it rotate it works

So like:

&overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.25 THEN overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL clear THEN overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL create THEN overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL shifts to x y in zone # and overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL scales to # # and overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL opacity 1 THEN overlay PURPLE BOUNCY BALL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.25 loop 5 times

10 Likes

Thank you!

Yes, the power of then :hugs:

Hello,
I know it’s a stupid question because I know this animation is somewhere here 
 but it has been more than 1hour that i am searching for it and it drives me insane
 X_X
So, please, could someone give me the name of the animation where the character is like exasperate/annoyed/infuriate. The character puts one hand on the forehead and the other one on the waist. (A/N I am not talking about the idle/talk_exhausted animation).
I hope I’ve been clear enough >_<’

The animation is called “disappointed”

3 Likes

Well, sorry i am such a loser <_<
Thank you really much <3

You have to place your character offscreen, or zoom in somewhere do that you can’t see the character, and have them do the animation. You have to wait for the to finish the animation first, then either zoom out or place them onscreen.

3 Likes

Gains are used to remember certain choices. Like if you want to remember a character’s choice in a later episode. If you don’t need to remember outfit choices then you don’t need to add those gains.

2 Likes

Characters will stay in an animation until you make them do another animation or until you change backgrounds.

2 Likes

Use the narrator box for texting scenes with the phone background, not the overlay. If you want to have them open a text message, you can use a 1 option choice like this:

NARRATOR
You have received a new text!
choice
“Read text” {
}

It would be really tricky to try and match the skin phone overlay with whatever the readers chose as their skin color. That’s why you should use the simple phone background and not the phone overlay.

5 Likes

Hi, Dara!

Okay, so I think I have a Directing question
 In the scene, the MC is in a Flashback so the MC is a kid. I use the SPOT scale for this, but
 I was wondering, can a character walk into a scene with a diff. size? Does that make sense? If so, how do you do that? Oh
 And the style is INK.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah characters can walk on/off screen in smaller sizes, you just have to use this code:

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in T

% is scale size, x y are the x and y coordinates, and T is time in seconds

You have to first spot place your character offscreen with the size you want them to be before you have to walk onto the screen.

1 Like

Oh YEAH!!! That’s how you do it! I forgot. That’s helpful, thanks a bunchies!! :slight_smile:

Hey, sunshine, let’s break this down for you.

You don’t HAVE to use advance choices.
Let’s start with that. I’ve written stories without them before and it’s been fine. But they are there in case we want to create complex choices that have a bigger impact in the storyline. And they keep everything cleaner and better oraganized in the script.
I will be using the following example provided by the very helpful @Dara.Amarie to explain to you how to use some of these features.

Now if you notice we’re using both labels and gains here.
-The label helps section out parts of the story. It does this so we can use the goto command to navigate through this sections. In this example, it splits the storyline into two sections, one section will bring about romance with a male and in the other section it will bring up romance with a female. See, it keeps the script organized and clean. You mentioned that we can all just use the choice with brackets and just write the different versions under the choice, which is true. But it makes it a bit more messy and less compact. But that again, is completely your decision to make.
-The gains help when using the if/elif/else. Used together they push the story forward in the direction of the previous choice. And let’s say the reader made the decision of dating women. Well then in the next chapter you simply write The code again:

if (dateboys) {

goto dateboys_branch

} else {

goto dategirls_branch

}

label dateboys_branch

[story line for boy love interest goes here]

goto end_story

label dategirls_branch

[story line for girl love interest goes here]

goto end_story

label end_story

And the choice will be remembered and the MC can keep dating women since that’s her preference. If you were to just use “bracket choices” then you’d have to ask the reader to make the choice again at the beginning of every chapter. Using the gains and if/elif/else make your life a bit easier and again, keep scripts neater.

But again! You have a right to choose what coding you feel more comfortable with.

I know I went very minimalistic with this but I’m hoping the well-written example would fill in some holes. Hopefully I was helpful.

7 Likes

Yay!

I was worried I hadn’t explained enough
 glad I could be of some help :blue_heart:

1 Like