Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Just a warning. It turns out that I had to complete the dressing game, right?

Lol I was about to ask that same question
 Do I have to complete the the dressing game?

1 Like

Hi again Dara, I recently started having problem with spot zooming making my characters bigger when I’ve scaled them down to a smaller size, It either keeps them the same size or makes them larger. Do you have any input?
This is where they’re supposed to be but they need to be smaller so they can fit in the background zone. Thank you.

Yes.

Hello, I hope you don’t me answering instead of Dara. And I hope Dara don’t mind either.

I’ll use your spot number as an example to explain:

0.983 113 128

The first set of numbers ( 0.983 ) indicate the size of your character. So to make your character become smaller, you’ll need to make the numbers smaller. Keep in mind, 1.0 is the default size for the characters.

You can use the previewer to adjust your character’s size and placement and copy it from the white box below it. Simply click the copy button, and paste in on your script.

That is all, I hope this helped.

Hi there! I have problem oops. The character (MADISON) is supposed to be behind an door and walk out of the room, but when I do the layer command, Madison won’t appear behind the overlay:

@YOU changes into PARTY2
@MADISON moves to layer -3
INT. UWE1 with DOOR1 to 1.169 -36 -95 in zone 1 at layer -1 with TW1 to 0.409 18 -29 in zone 1 at layer 0
@overlay HAND1 create
&overlay HAND1 opacity 0.20 in 0
&overlay HAND1 shifts to 6 -31
&overlay HAND1 scales to 0.539 0.539
@zoom on 143 482 to 107% in 0
&YOU spot 1.598 279 -211 AND YOU is idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop AND YOU faces right
&MADISON spot 1.177 67 61
@pause for 1
@overlay HAND1 opacity 0 in 4
&MADISON moves to layer 1 AND MADISON walks to spot 1.325 193 -50 THEN MADISON walks to spot 1.601 191 -194 THEN MADISON is kiss_cheek_give AND MADISON faces right AND YOU is deepbreath

NARRATOR
Pause.

Perhaps switch the MADISON and BACKGROUND first::
INT. UWE1 with DOOR1 to 1.169 -36 -95 in zone 1 at layer -1 with TW1 to 0.409 18 -29 in zone 1 at layer 0

BTW, what are these overlay settings for?

@overlay HAND1 create
&overlay HAND1 opacity 0.20 in 0
&overlay HAND1 shifts to 6 -31
&overlay HAND1 scales to 0.539 0.539

what do you mean what the overlay settings are for? Do u mean what the overlay is?

I mean, are overlay settings (for HAND1) used for another overlay or for your MC? Can you give me the screenshot of the overlay problem with the previewing? Since I am blank of it. :thinking:

oh, it’s used for an different character
The overlay TW1 and DOOR1 is the overlays MADISON needs to be behind.
(it looks like this rn, TW1 is the door and DOOR1 is the frame of the door (blue wall)
image0

1 Like

Put this after you have spot directed her or she will appear at the highest layer.
&MADISON spot numbers here AND MADISON moves to layer -3
For example. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

thank you! it worked :heart:

1 Like

I need help. I’m trying to code a party scene in limelight, but every time I try, this comes up.

Error:Cannot enlarge memory arrays. Either (1) compile with -s TOTAL_MEMORY=X with X higher than the current value 268435456, (2) compile with -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1 which allows increasing the size at runtime, or (3) if you want malloc to return NULL (0) instead of this abort, compile with -s ABORTING_MALLOC=0

I don’t understand what it’s trying to get me to do. Please help!

This may sound really stupid but what would i get copyrighted for on my story? all i want to use is the word matrix (the movie) am i allowed? i know im stupid but i just need some help whoops

Closed at Op request :slight_smile:

2 Likes