DARA’S GUIDE: How to "FADE" Characters

I’m using the same exact background, where or how did you get the overlay?

Omg that was really helpful thank uuu

1 Like

It keeps saying invalid comment and i don’t get it :frowning:

This is what I got:
@overlay SeineOverlay opacity 0.5 in 0
idk what I’m doing wrong

Is your overlay spelt correctly? Think it should all be in caps. Check your art catalog then paste the overlay name into the script.

1 Like

its all good now~ got it fixed, but thank you~

1 Like

Hey does it have to have an overlay in order for the fading of characters to work?

Yes the overlay is the main key to get that fading effect.

2 Likes

Hey when I went to upload the overlay it’s saying it need to be png. This is the background that I needed to use as an overlay:
Zj3Yt14yukbg_storageRoom

You have to convert the image into a PNG.

2 Likes

Hi! I was trying to do this but am having difficulty making a background overlay. I’ve been going to the art catalog, to the background section, clicking one and saving it to my computer, but when I try to make it an overlay, it won’t let me do it without checking the box to say that the overlay is my own (which it isn’t, it’s just one of episode’s backgrounds) and then it says that I have to wait to get my overlay approved. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

1 Like

That’s the procedure of uploading images which is normal. That check box is just there for copyright reasons. And of course you have to wait for the image to be approved before you can publish your story. You can still preview your story and edit your script with an image still in review.

1 Like

This is so cool! Thank you so much!! I’m going to try this out in my story (Bandits Without Time) :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

bump!

2 Likes

Hey can you help me, I’m trying to make my character appear mid scene with the fading. It’s hard for me to direct my scene can you help me.

Is this thread still active?

I think this doesn’t work anymore. I had a scene that I used this, and it was fine and now it’s all bright…

Do you have a lot of characters and/or overlays in the scene?

1 Like

I have 2 characters and 5 overlays, Episode keep ruining everything… What is the limit?

2 Likes

It wasn’t stated but I think that should be fine though

1 Like

I don’t know, and everytime I use fading in overlays it looks bright at the beginning… So stupid

1 Like