DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

Here is how to add an overlay in the middle of the scene. Use the create command (along with the shifts, scales, and opacity commands which are shown in the guide above). To remove the big overlay, just the “clear” command and then to add the small overlay, use the create command.

1 Like

Ok but how do I know the right scale and opacity number?

OHH NVM I UNDERSTAND NOW!! Tyy I didnt really get it!

Here’s a more detailed guide with photos to show you how you can scale and shift overlays

Tysm! Also - totally unrelated to this - do you know how to zoom on a character and make it look them up and down?

Here’s a guide: HOW TO: Zoom from the Feet to the Head (Full Body)

1 Like

Tysm - I am so grateful for all of this!

1 Like

Hey, I was coding a scene with 2 overlays in a custom background (all images approved already) and when I preview it from the app it gives me this message: “Writer Error when using DANDELION_BLOWN for overlay animation. Please create overlay in stage view first” but in the portal there’s no errors… does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you add the overlay to the scene using either the create command or add it to the background name?

Yes, I think it just means the overlays isn’t in stage view of the that zone but that’s ok because I just need it in another zone where it works fine. So it just confused me on why it pops up when it runs smoothly if that makes sense?

Like I added it to the background name with this command:

EXT. FIELDS ROAD with DANDELION-FULL with DANDELION-BLOWN

No being in a different zone doesn’t matter. That message popping up means the overlay hasn’t been added to the scene. Check the spelling of the overlay. Most people misspell the overlay name and that’s why that message pops up

Is it DANDELION_BLOWN or DANDELION-BLOWN

DANDELION-BLOWN is the name of the overlay

So make sure all of your overlay names have the - and not the _

Ok thank you, I see now I misspelled it hahah :joy:

1 Like

Hi Dara, I hope I’m not bothering you, I need help with opacity I want to fade in and out my overlays. so if you don’t mind helping that would be great!!!

Hi Dara can you please help how do I make a magic orb grow without it shifting to a different position?

Hi, @Dara.Amarie do you know how to make an overlay sway from side to side, please?

Hello can somebody get me a few overlays please