DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

I have been trying to figure out how to rotate an overlay and can not for the life of me get it to work. I’ve read and reread your guide way too many times already and I’m still totally lost. I’m sure I’m just overlooking a stupid detail but, decided to ask before I drive myself insane. So, for example, if this is my overlay spot

@overlay 4957460768751616_MASCARA LEFT shifts to 188 139
@overlay 4957460768751616_MASCARA LEFT scales to 0.352 0.352

and I want to rotate it by 90 degrees, how would I go about doing so?

Sorry for asking a question about something you’ve already explained I just can’t wrap my head around it.

how can I remove a overlays that already in the background

Thank you for sharing this!! Do you by any chance know how to select overlays? So when you touch them on your phone of tablet they are clicked themselves rather then the choice bar being clicked.

My code is not working. I have put the overlay codes and stuff but when I use the story preview feature, I don’t see the desk where it is supposed to be.

Here is my script:
INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM - DAY with DESK OFFICE WOOD in zone 3
@overlay DESK OFFIC shifts to -161 0
@overlay DESK OFFIC scales to 0.928 0.928
@cut to zone 3
@LENA enters from left to screen center in 0.1
@LENA spot 1.280 147 -77 AND LENA is sit_type_loop

A Basic Guide to Tappable Overlays

1 Like

You can try to clear the overlay by using the background name as the overlay name. Or if that doesn’t work, you can place the overlay in a different zone or change the scale size to 0, again by using the background name as the overlay.

AHHH Tappable Overlays!!! Forgot the name so I couldn’t find it anywhere!! Thank you!!

Hey! I used the “create from” command and it’s not working!
“Overlay ELEVATOR DOOR 2 does not exist”

&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR 2 create from ELEVATOR DOOR
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR create
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR shifts to 107 108
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR scales to 0.550 0.550
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR moves to layer 0
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR opacity 1
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR 2 create
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR 2 shifts to 184 109
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR 2 scales to 0.550 0.550
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR 2 moves to layer 0
&overlay ELEVATOR DOOR 2 opacity 1

Lemme know if you can help !

You already created the overlay when you used “create from” so you don’t need to use another create command.

Thank you so much!! You’re a life saver!

1 Like

I’m having an issue with an overlay. When I first placed it on the scene I couldn’t see it because 1.0 1.0 makes huge to the point it’s blurry. When I did scale it down, it wouldn’t fit the screen I have 3 doorways on the overlay that I want to appear in the three zones but I can’t seem to get them to situate properly.
I’ve had to scale it down to 0.010 0.010 in order for it to even pop up correctly on the screen it can go bigger but I’m having a hard time shifting it to the right position to where the door ways are in each zone. I’m using the black background because I want the image to have portals in the door ways.

INT. BLACK - NIGHT and INT. WHITE - DAY makes overlays extremely large. It would be best to upload your own all black background and use that.

1 Like

Oh okay, I will use a different background. Thank you for telling me that.

I wanted my character to shed a tear but somethings not working right. Help.

01%20AM

How do you turn a overlay? Like how a character faces left or right. I have an overlay that is a black mailbox that is facing left, but I would like it to turn right.

How do we move those implemented built in overlays? Im trying to put a character in the courtroom background but can’t figure out how to make my character stand in front of all the overlays

You would use the whole background name as the overlay name, then layer the overlay.

What isn’t working right?