DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

Hello… I need help to put an overlay tatoo… :hibiscus:

I want to make my two overlays slide, like if you seen Adrenaline, she has Liane slide to show Derek visible in the mirror. If you know what Iḿ talking about, please help. :frowning: :sob:

I need help with making an overlay fade out

and I can’t get my overlay to show up

Everything you need to know about adding and using overlays is in the guide above.

1 Like

You use the shifts command to move an overlay and if you want a character to also slide you need to make the character walk to a spot while doing any animation.

Use opacity to make the overlay fade in or out. Check the guide above to see if you are adding the overlay correctly.

1 Like

thx

I put the selfie male 3 overlay in my scene but it’s not appearing. Here is my script:

@pause for a beat

@transition fade out black 2
EXT. ROMANTIC LAKESIDE - DAY with SELFIE MALE 3 AND with TAUPE - HUG

@pause for a beat
@YOUNG DERIC stands screen center and YOUNG LENA stands upscreen right

Hello, How are you guys? I have a question to ask.
I have a classroom scene, I’ve uploaded the empty classroom background. i need to add the chairs. So, Can I upload one single chair and use the same chair as multiple chairs in my scene??
Is there a way to multiply the same overlay file? Or do I have to upload multiple files only.

Please help, my overlay list has gotten messy and long.

delete and :slight_smile:

EXT. ROMANTIC LAKESIDE - DAY with SELFIE MALE 3 AND with TAUPE - HUG

1 Like

you can duplicate one overlay as many times you want but note this is not officially released yet so command may change:

@overlay CHAIR1 create from CHAIR (your overlay name)

@overlay CHAIR2 create from CHAIR

once you create them remember you have to place them using all of this commands:

2 Likes

Thank you, you’re a life saver. :slightly_smiling_face:
I have already uploaded many chairs for overlay, now I can delete the rest and keep only one.

Which thread I should follow to get news about this command or other commands? So, that i can change it in my script too, if the command changes. On some thread on forums, or Episode instagram? I want to stay updated about this command’s news.

If they officially release them it will be in announcement section :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

How would I get a character to stand behind someone?I know I need to use layering. I already placed the character in layer 2 and 3 but they were still in front of the character they needed to behind. Here is my script:

@transition fade out black 2
EXT. ROMANTIC LAKESIDE - DAY with SELFIE MALE 3 with TAUPE - HUG

@pause for a beat
@YOUNG DERIC changes into INUI_default
&YOUNG DERIC stands screen center and YOUNG LENA stands upscreen right
@YOUNG DERIC moves to layer 3

Problem solved!

Hey, I’m having big trouble trying to make my punching bag overlay sway back and forth. Any tips?

Rotate the overlay from anchor point 0.5 1

1 Like

Tysm

It is best to save the overlay’s file directly from the portal in the background catalog section and then save it in the script.

@overlay BACKGROUND create
@overlay BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0
@overlay BACKGROUND scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay BACKGROUND opacity 1

That is the best code for it because it fits the overlay into the background, 0 0 will put the overlay directly in the bottom corner and if the overlay is size: 642 x 1136 or the other sizes that regular backgrounds have to be, it will treat as if it were an actual background and fit it in there for you, I’ve done it before, and IT WORKS!

Just keep the numbers as:
@overlay BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0
@overlay BACKGROUND scales to 1.000 1.000

If your overlay’s size is 642 x 1136 or the other sizes that regular backgrounds have to be,