DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

How to copy another OVERLAY:

@overlay BLACK PERSIAN FLOOF CAT 5000587_1 create from BLACK PERSIAN FLOOF CAT 5000587

1 Like

That’s already in Dara’s guide :slight_smile:

Oops. Sorry. XD

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, every time I add an overlay the characters in that zone disappear. What am I doing wrong? :frowning_face:

What’s the code? And what kinda overlay are you using?

&overlay FILMCAMERA shifts to 5 352 in zone 2
&overlay FILMCAMERA scales to 0.269 0.269 in zone 2
&CAMERAMAN1 spot 1.116 165 93 in zone 2 AND CAMERAMAN1 faces right AND CAMERAMAN1 moves to layer 4 AND CAMERAMAN1 is talk_armsraised_neutral
&CAMERAMAN2 spot 0.738 90 286 in zone 2 AND CAMERAMAN2 faces left AND CAMERAMAN2 moves to layer 3 AND CAMERAMAN2 is talk_armsraised_neutral
@overlay FILMCAMERARIGHT shifts to 156 331 in zone 2 in 0
@overlay FILMCAMERARIGHT scales to 0.317 0.317 in 0
@overlay FILMCAMERARIGHT opacity 1 in 0

This is the code.
The overlays are also added in the background title part.
Both the overlays are on the screen and in the place needed but ever since adding FILMCAMERARIGHT the characters have all disappeared that were in that zone.

Is it possible that the overlay covered them?

I found out what was wrong, apparently if I just update my story they disappear but if I come out of the story then go back in then they are there. Guess this must just be a bug? Not sure but they are there when I either restart story or come out, just not when I update. I’ve been stressing for days over it and now feel really pathetic. Thank you so much for your help though :slight_smile:

Is there a way to rotate overlays but keep them in the same place?

I would like the overlay to rotate throughout the whole scene but as soon as it gets to the next line it stops:
11%20PM

I don’t know why but I can’t make it loop. :frowning:

I would suggest rotating it from the center point (there are 3 points of the overlay that can be used as the rotation point)

Thanks I’ve tried this but it still seems to move to a different position :thinking:

just make the same overlay just facing the different way

(I can do this for you if you need it)

I’m having trouble with this one overlay. It’s supposed to be a photo and I want it to act like it tilts, it rotates the right amount, but to get to the place its all wonky. People tried helping me with anchor points but it still isnt working

Hey, is there any possible way of making a car move to one zone to another to make it look like the car is driving? I need it to look like the car is pulling up to the house

The background i’m using is EXT. DUTCH COLONIAL HOME WINTER - DAY
and the overlay i’m using is CAR ANGLE SILVER

If I want an overlay to move really fast what speed would you recommend me to use?

The time should be less than 1 second, like 0.5 or 0.8 or whatever speed you want.

Thankyou!!