DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

The overlay is rotating 360 degrees in 0 seconds so you won’t see it rotate. Try putting

@overlay OVERLAYNAME rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1

Hi! Quick question,

I’m not good at rotating overlays but I placed the overlay in the scene and then used the rotating loop command and the Overlay is not rotating where I have placed it.

Here is my script:
@overlay LOADING 2 create
@overlay LOADING 2 shifts to 62 285 in zone 2
@overlay LOADING 2 scales to 0.560 0.560
@overlay LOADING 2 opacity 1

@pause for 1

@zoom reset

&overlay LOADING 2 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 loop 10 times

I do this and It doesn’t rotate over the blonde guys face in the picture - This is about where it is placed originally.

It now rotates away from the space - Why is this?

web%20player

It will do this if the shape of the overlay box (the white dashed lines) isn’t a perfect square. You need to find the central point for it to rotate on the spot. Once you have found it, rotate the overlay and place it exactly where you want it. Copy the spot numbers into the original shift spots and it should work!

1 Like

Thank you!

Although, It does still rotate around the centre of the overlay, just away from the spot I placed it :confused:

That’s okay. Just move it back to where you want it and copy those spots.
Be sure to use the & instead of the @ so it’ll all happen at once :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow ignore my * and spaces :woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

Hi!

Thanks for the help although I think It was a glitch as It’s working fine now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok I’ll try it thank you :grin:

Is there an overlay limit? Because I added 5 and it doesn’t work

There is no overlay limit, how is it not working? Can you show me your script?

Yes I can

Uhmm hi. This is a very stupid question, but I want my character to make a face expression in a instant so that I only get the face of the end of that animation (sorry for the bad English lol). But I don’t know how the onscreen and offscreen of a duplicated character exactly. works. Can somebody help me?

Use the same spots for both characters but place them in different zones, so when you want the reaction of the characters face to come on screen you can type something like this-
&CHAR spot 1.100 50 50 in zone 3 AND DUPLICATE CHAR spot 1.100 50 50 in zone 1

Then to switch them back just write -

&DUPLICATE CHAR spot 1.100 50 50 in zone 3 AND CHAR spot 1.100 50 50 in zone 1

Hope this helps a little!

Here’s another example you can use if you’d like. :blush:
Just change the names, background, and animation to whatever you want.

EXT. BEIJING STREET - DAY
@zoom on 300 389 to 361% in 0
@NIKKIE stands upscreen left AND NIKKIE faces right AND REESE stands screen right AND REESE faces left AND NIKKIE is shush
REESE (talk_neutral)
Did you eat my cupcake?
@zoom on 81 384 to 361% in 1
@pause for 0.5
NIKKIE
(How did she know?)
NIKKIE (talk_neutral)
Nope.

Thank you so much this is exactly what I needed!
Now that I read this I am like how did I not know this😂

1 Like

Thank you so much! I already used this a few times, but still thank you for taking your time for me I really appreciate it😊

Of course! :purple_heart:

I AM STUPID but I just didn’t get this: wich one of these is for making a backround slower<3
thanks already…

I have two overlays in one scene, and I have the code for their size and space, but when I preview it, they don’t show up. Can anyone help?