DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

Post your code so that others can look over?

Can you show the coding you’ve used?

&overlay 4950794345644032_GOLD LIGHT shifts to 353 268 in zone 2 THEN overlay 4950794345644032_GOLD LIGHT scales to 2.468 2.468 in zone 2 THEN overlay GOLD LIGHT rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 10 loop INFINITE times

&overlay GOLD LIGHT shifts to 353 268 in zone 2 in 0 AND overlay GOLD LIGHT scales to 2.468 2.468 in 0
@overlay GOLD LIGHT rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0
&overlay GOLD LIGHT rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 10 loop INFINITE times

360 rotations are finicky. They’ll rotate once only for some reason which is why I’ve put the command again. This should work but let me know if it doesn’t!

Thanks!

I tried it, but it doesn’t turn at all.

@overlay GOLD LIGHT rotates 359 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0
&overlay GOLD LIGHT rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 10 loop INFINITE times
Try this. There is a thread with coding for 360 spins I’ll try find it if it doesn’t work lol

1 Like

Try this coding too. Just replace the overlay name and scale/shift etc with what you need :slight_smile:

Which one of these is the x cord and what would I put in it to make start where the line in the picture is?

Click on directing helper. Overlay helper then Move the overlay to where you want it. Under the background put &overlay BULLET PURPLE opacity 0 in 1
Then when you want it to appear on the screen write &overlay BULLET PURPLE opacity 1 in 0

I did that but it won’t move when I try to move it on the screen…?

You need to animate it to move -
&overlay BULLET PURPLE shifts to x y in zone # in S
201 is the x

No, I don’t need it animated I wanna place it in a certain place. I want it to just be there, but it won’t move when I go into direction helper.

If I wanna make it go to the very left side, what would I type? Something bigger or smaller than 201?

It needs to be smaller like below 10

Okay, thanks!

How do I make the overlay larger? Like what would the code be?

You need to use the overlay helper to scale it to the size you want it. It would be the first number (0.122) that needs changing

Thanks!!

1 Like

Do overlays automatically clear when you go to a new background?