DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

try:

&overlay MAYA shifts to 60 -204 in 3 AND MEROPE walks to screen center in 3 AND MEROPE is walk_worried_loop

idk if it will work :sweat:

1 Like

Hey, I’ve been stuck here for at least 15 minutes. So I want to place my own overlay (it’s called RAVEN 4) in a certain spot. I placed it and in the script it is like this:
EXT. CAFE - NIGHT with RAVEN 4 to 0.114 0.114 in zone 2

And it keeps showing me this error that says wrong syntax of specific coordinates. Try “to SCALE X Y”…

Please help me 'cause I’m sitting here staring at the script, not knowing what to do :thinking:

You put size twice, for adding an overlay within a background:

EXT. CAFE - NIGHT with RAVEN 4 to 0.114 X Y in zone 2

Oh ok, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

OMG IT WORKED!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: Thank you so very much.

yay!!!

How do I fade in an overlay? I can’t get it right :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity # in T
To see more go to the OPACITY - Making the overlay see through/invisible: section.

How do I make the overlay fade slower?

You add this comand: @overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity # in T, and where it says “in T” you put the duration you want it to fade in T’s place.

Now I get it, thanks!!

Np

For the rotating overlays part, everytime I add the time, it just does it in 0 seconds.

Anyone know how to fix this because idk how to

Make sure you are spelling your overlay names correctly.

On line 1375, you are trying to remove “CUSTOM SILVER EYES” but on line 1351 the overlay name is actually “CUSTOM SILVER EYES PAIR

On line 1345, you’re clearing “CUSTOM RED EYE PAIR” but it looks like you left out the “s” in “EYES” for your overlay name.

Oh I’m so stupid thank you so much!

Oof so the silver eye one worked but the red eye overlay still won’t clear and there’s no spelling errors

Changing the background automatically removes all overlays from the previous scene. You don’t need to clear that overlay since it’s already been removed.

Oh ok haha thank you.

Is there a way to make an overlay fade in AND out forever/infinite?