DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

I’m trying to put characters behind seats so I made an overlay but, it’s not working. Can you help me?

hi I wanted to rotate my overlays but I am unable to make them rotate continuously
This is what I am writing but they only rotate once :

&overlay WHEEL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.5 loop INFINITE times
&overlay WHEEL 2 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.5 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

I’m trying to make a table and 2 chairs on either side scene and i don’t know how to flip the chair overlay to the other direction.
The original overlay of the chair faces left but I want to rotate it to the right for the 2nd chair… does that make sense? :sweat_smile:

@Dara.Amarie …can you help me please? :sweat:

Wait, let me see if I can get a visual on this, do you mean something like:

BTW:

2 Likes

Oh yes! That’s what I’m looking for! Thank you sm!

1 Like

Bump

I’m probably just making a stupid mistake that’s an easy fix, but I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.
I’m trying to change the opacity of an overlay but I keep getting an error.

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 2.27.51 PM Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 2.27.46 PM

Hi there, the script doesn’t like overlay names with “AND” or “THEN” in them because it thinks your trying to use the “and/then” commands, so you will need to reupload that overlay with a different name without using AND

1 Like

Okay, thank you! :slight_smile:

What is and and then for?? I only know what is is for. I dont even know the difference between is and start. But I onlyy know how to use is. I’m writing my story its mainly dialogue its exactly like a book. Thats the way I want it to be. And what word would u use with the overlay then I am confused to what u mean and what any of it means pleaz help. And i posted a question with a picture with directing help if u can please go give it a look and please answer my question and tell me exactly what to do with everything in the right order and everything in the right way. I have no family that wants to help me or friends no one knows or understands how important this is to me. Oh my story is in ink by the way. Its my favorite style. Pleaz HELP !!

Script Symbols/Commands and What They're Used For

You can find more guides here on my website.

1 Like

Thanx. But would I have to oay money cuz I cant pay anything

It’s just a regular website.

1 Like

Thank you Dara. You’re a great person! :slight_smile:

Oh just one quick thing. In the beginning of my story how do I put the warning this will have strong language and mature scenes in it just incase. And I’ll need to tell everyone its about depression and mental health so if that triggers them then they shouldn’t read. But I hope u can help me so I can put that in the beginning and how to make my own story cover and etc. And how to be amazing like you are!! You are my best friend omg haha!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: plz help Oh I totally really hope you will read it when I publish it. Don’t give up on me :slight_smile: I am holding on and I want this really bad and I will never give up!!

bump!

this helped a lot! is there a way you can add sounds into the loop? xx

i don’t understand how do you do a duplication overlay i read the post but it doesn’t make sense do you add a same overlay just a different name?