DARA’S GUIDE: Remember Choices with if/elif/else

hey, this is my first time every writing a story on episode and was wondering which method was more better for first time or which one you preferred. I also constantly replay my episode to make sure no problem are throughout the episode. would that effect the gains in anyway?

It won’t play the scene even though thats the choice I picked.

You will need to reset your story progress on the app for remembering choices and the preview won’t work with these choices

Can you help me fix these?

Change your gain to something like red_lipped_wonder
You can’t have capital letters or spaces etc. What else is wrong with your script?
edit you’re using 2 methods for remembering. Where you have choice you haven’t named it.
choice (OUTFIT)
dressgame here
choice (HAIRANDMAKEUP)
hair makeup here
Then you can use the if/elif/else like you already have.

Thank youuu! I did what you said, but these still came up…
00%20PM

No problem! Line 1474 needs a } :slight_smile:

I’m having problems with my script so when l preview it it’s not going forward l added a remembering choice with this if(date_with_character){ and now it’s not going forward after l put that in my script if anyone knows what to do l would love for you to help me​:heartpulse::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This method can’t be used to remember choices from one episode to another. Do you know how to do it? I want the choice made from let’s say episode 1 to be remembered in episode 2. How do you do it?

You can use gains like this-

choice
“Option 1”{
gain option_1
script here
}
“Option 2”{
gain option_2
script here
}
“Option 3”{
gain option_3
script here
}

if (option_1){
script here for option 1
}elif (option _2){
script here for option 2
}else{
script here for option 3
}

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Both methods carry on through future episodes. The web previewer does not carry things over from previous episodes, so you must test these methods in the app.

2 Likes

“Unexpected Block end: Did you forget the { which goes with this }, or forget to put the word “choice” at the start of this choice option.”
Idk how to fix this

1 Like

Are there advantages to using gains instead of character points?

I noticed that in the debugger, in between Flags and Character Points, there are Counters. What are these counters for, and how could I use them? Searching for ‘counters’ on the forum brings up only one relevant thread with no definitive answer.

I’m having a problem, not sure what I’m doing wrong.

2019-01-05 2019-01-05%20

choice
if (PROJECT is "Yes){

}else{

}

else needs to stay on its own

1 Like

can you post your main choice?

Oh wow how did I not see that? :woman_facepalming: thank you

edit still showing the error message
never mind I fixed it :woman_facepalming:

Yeah Ofc here it is

if (go_library) {

}else{

}

although there’s no need for if/else here as you can put this scenes inside the choices, but it’s up to you :slight_smile:

Ok thank u sm but where do I exactly write that ?