DARA’S GUIDE: Remember Choices with if/elif/else

Capture nope girl…

Take out the brackets entirely. Just do } else {.

Like } else { and then chose_hide_it

No. Just } else {. Don’t include (chose_hide_it) at all. I’m assuming the original choice in question looked something like this:

choice (chose_tell_her) “Tell her” {

#tell her script

} “Hide it” {

#hide it script

}

You shouldn’t have two different labels at all. This whole if/else should look like this (depending on your specific wording in the original choice:

if (chose_tell_her is "Tell her") {

#tell her script 

} else {

#hide it script

}

Capture this was the choice

yeah theres a slight problem the flag is giving the same ending for both choices

I’ve been sitting here for God knows how long. I just can’t seem to get it right. It constantly says theres a opening bracket at line 4790 without a closing bracket
I’ve tried to add an extra " } " on the line above " else " so it looked like this

}
}
else {

But that didn’t work. I also tried putting another one at the end without succes… I’m this close to giving up, please tell me you guys know what’s wrong.
Is it because too many things are happening in the first " if " part?

I can’t upload images because it says it can’t “embed media items”

Thanks in advance

I’ve erased all if/elif/else. Now I’ve put them in the choice, if you know what I mean - but it still says there’s an error with the brackets. I really don’t understand where this problem began, it was just suddenly there. I had already played through the whole thing loads of times :weary:

When you get that error message but you checked and all brackets are there, then that means there is an error somewhere inside those brackets that you need to find and fix. Could be a misspelled “readerMessage”, a missing @ sign, or anything that could cause an error.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast reply!
Hmmm maybe that was it. I ended up deleting it all, putting it back together piece by piece and leaving a background out. That fixed it, but boy was I loosing my mind!

1 Like