DARA’S GUIDE: The Points System

Bump :herb:

Hey can you please tell me how to do the confidence and shyness points system

You just have to create characters named “Confidence” and “Shyness”

Oh ok thank you very much :blush:

Can I just one “bigger than” and a else command?

so example;

if (EVIL>GOOD) {

scene if they have most evil points

} else {

scene if they had most good points

}

Yep

Can you add points together?
Like say I had PERSON A
and PERSON B
can I add both together? PERSON A+PERSON B

Bump

Bump :avocado:

So, I’m wondering if I can do something like this, or if it will mess it up since readers with more than 8 points would apply in both > 5 & > 8

if (CHARACTER = 12){

}elif (CHARACTER > 8){

}elif (CHARACTER > 5){

}elif (CHARACTER < 4){

}

Can I only do more than 3 if I set it to = 12, =11, =10 etc.?

Well, if donacode works like any other programing language, it will action the first true statement and ignore the rest.

Thank you! That’s what I found too, when testing :blush:

You’ve kinda answered your own question. I betcha that characters are actually NULL instead of 0 until you specifically give them a number.
So adding @CHARACTER=0 for all characters you’re going to use, at the beginning of episode 1, would probably fix all sorts of issues later on.

So i have 3 love interests in my story and i want to use this code to determine who the MC ends up with. However, what happens if there is a tie between 2 of the 3 love interests?

Put an Else at the end and give the player a choice.

If you really want to check for any that have the same number, that’s going to take a heck of a lot of extra If statements.

1 Like

yes you’re supposed to put
readerMessage Great job you got +1 points

Something like that

Hello, Dara! I need to use a code similar to this for my story with 3 LIs; but I remember in an older Joseph Evans video, he said this format was not functional with the current donacode. Do you know if this is still the case :?

It works now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ty!

1 Like

I’m having trouble with branching points. For some reason, it automatically defaults to the else branch. Am I doing something wrong?

This is on mobile btw.