DARA’S GUIDE: The Points System

Second one should be else on its own.

So instead of elif it’s else?

Yes. You only need elif if you have different outcomes planned for different points. But if it’s just two, it’s just if/else.

Thank you! Im gonna check it when Episode fix the error in the writers portal :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sorry he keeps giving a error.
That I need to add a choice?

I want it to be
more then 4 points go with Cody
less then 4 points stay at the castle.

But it doesn’t work?

You shouldn’t need to add a choice. The error must be elsewhere in your script.

No there isn’t.

Till that moment there isn’t a error :woman_shrugging:t3:

error

Okay, so since I kind of have a hard time with logical thinking… I’ll ask this:
In the first example, the one you showed us with the @BOY +2/ BOY (behavior) -2 command, it will add points to him/his relationship with the girl, but IF I got this right (a bit), the one you explained on the comments with the two love interests case, would mean that we need to add the points to each love interest, like we would do with the FRIENDSHIP, LOVE, etc, characters in case we’d like our MC to have said traits and gain/lose points in these areas, and if we want those points to affect their relationship with our MC (in this case) then we just need to use the if/elif/else command and putting - for example: (MC >/</#) or (CHAR1 > CHAR2), the first one using the BOY-GIRL example and the last one using the 2 LI example.

I believe you forgot to “skip” a line before the else or something, since the arrows aren’t looking the right way. Right now it looks like your if and else are in the same storyline, if you know what I mean?
You should probably add a } somewhere … I don’t know. Personally I just try to “play” with the coding and the lines until I find a solution :woman_shrugging:t2:

Wait… maybe you should try to change the 5 into a 4 or the other way around? I think that must be it.

On line 1246
You have put @KARA starts laugh_giggle
it should be @KARA is laugh_giggle

No the mistake is really in the choice.

Ive changed it now and it said I forget to capitalize.

@EpisodeHoneyy just noticed that you said else (CODY<5) I don’t think this works just write down else this way it should work how you want it to work

or if this still doest work maybe you first need to add text like for example

NARR
Hello
if (CODY>4){
text
}else{
text
}

both works actualy

By any chance, could you enlighten me on how to show the amount of points you have obtained at the end of a story?

2 Likes

You don’t know how much your help and script templates have helped me! I never coded any outfit templates because I didn’t know about the goto command (crazy I know) but this literally saved me a lifetime along with all your premade templates. Thank you so much!

Ou could either have the narrator say it or you could have it as a reader message

if (BOY =2) {
NARRATOR
You have 2 points
}

ELIF (BOY =1) {
NARRATOR
You have 1 points
}

elif (BOY = 3) {
NARRATOR
You have 3 points
}
} else {
NARRATOR
You have zero points
}

If you want it as a reader message just change NARRATOR to readerMessage like this

readerMessage You have * points.

Also if ypthey can have rp more than 3 points just keep adding this but change the question marks to your point numbers

elif (BOY =?) {
NARRATOR
You have ? points
}

This should work if it doesn’t idk.

how would you round you points at the end of an episode. so if you gained points throughout and at the end the narrator tells you how many points you gained for that episode. hope this makes sense!