DARA’S GUIDE: Typed-in Choices

If I want to remember an input (like the readers name), do I need to use a label?

How would you do a text like this except with numbers. In one of my stories, I have a character asking another for their shoe size. Ex:

What is your shoe size? | What is your shoe size? (SHOE)
this can be anything from a 5-10

KAI
[NAME] wears a [SHOE] shoe

At the beginning of the story I allow the readers to choose their name. I’m having some difficulty adding that name into dialogue though. The character’s display name is ‘NAME’ and in my template is correct as well, but whenever I put [NAME] into dialogue, it will literally put the word NAME in! The tricky part is though, that a few scenes before this I added [NAME] in dialogue, and it said Auto Bot, which I assume means it worked. Please someone let me know what I’m doing wrong!

Auto bot only shows if you’re using the web previewer.

Ohh okay thanks! How do I view my own story on the app even though I haven’t published it yet?

Go to the “Create” tab and your stories should be there

Okay, thank you so much!

1 Like

How would we put the story on hold. I’m revamping it and I dont want any one to read it

Bump :carrot:

Hi, the unlock code is not working for me, the error saying label start_story does not exist

But when I put it there I’m still getting another error saying that it shouldn’t be at the end of a branch

I want to do the reader type in their choice, and then they say the thing they typed in? sorry if it doesnt make sense

Thank you so much! But, in episode 2, I put CONNIE (talk_neutral): [NAME]?!!? and it put it as NAME in the previewer.

On the previewer for the actual portal, you can’t type it in so NAME or AUTOBOT instead.

Oh ok ty!