DARA’S TEMPLATE: Looping a 3-zone Background with Speeds

I’ve put this…

EXT. BLUE - DAY with SIDEWALK - DAY_LOOP to 1.625 -640 0 in zone 1 at layer -5

&overlay SIDEWALK - DAY_LOOP_2 create from SIDEWALK - DAY_LOOP and overlay SIDEWALK - DAY_LOOP_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay SIDEWALK - DAY_LOOP_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay SIDEWALK - DAY_LOOP_2 shifts to -960 0 in 0 and overlay SIDEWALK - DAY_LOOP_2 to layer -6

But on my preview, the background is at the bottom.

Hi, Dara! Thanks so much for making this! Do you by chance have a slower speed template? Possibly 0.2?

Bump :blossom:

sorry if I’ve missed it but I have had a quick look and couldn’t see it can you slow down existing backgrounds? I only want it so I can make it look like the train in moving outside the window but the speed is making me dizzy :rofl:

Hey ! I did everything u said I just need a little help because when I press save it says error the overlay doesn’t exist and I copied and pasted it ?

EXT. HIGH SCHOOL EXTERIOR - DAY with effect RAIN

@NABIHA is idle_exhausted_loop

NABIHA 

Great…

EXT. BLUE - DAY with OLD STREET - NIGHT to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
&overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 create from OLD STREET - NIGHT and overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 and overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 to layer -6
&overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT shifts to -640 0 in 4 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT shifts to -960 0 in 2 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 4 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT shifts to 0 0 in 2 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 4 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in 2 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 shifts to -640 0 in 4 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 shifts to -960 0 in 2 THEN overlay OLD STREET - NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times

Did you upload the overlay and name it correctly?

I copied and pasted it like you said

I used the last overlay background that you had on your list

But did you upload the overlay?

Wdym by upload ?

You have to download OLD STREET - NIGHT from the post above and upload it as your own overlay.

Ohhhhhhhhhh ok I’ll try that :sweat_smile:

What if I wanted it to rain while the background was looping how should I change up the script ?

EXT. BLUE - DAY with OLD STREET - NIGHT to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5 with effect RAIN

1 Like

Hey Dara! Is there a way to stop the overlays from moving in a scene while still having them showing up on the screen? Ex. if a car is coming to a halt. :thinking: :blob_hearts: thanks!

bump

I love this but what do we replace the LOOP_OVERLAY with.
I am so confused…

The name of the overlay.

1 Like

is the overlay those backgrounds you offered above?

Yes

1 Like

Thank you so much!
Sorry I was just super confused for some reason