Dara's Character Customization Templates (INK & Limelight)

Thank you for this guide! I’ve been wanting to implement character customization into my stories, but didn’t know how.

OMG!!! You are a lifesaver!

How do I make this continue onto the future episodes as I used this for episode 1 but it failed to continue onto episode 2 is this just the preview I’m worried it will do this when I publish my story.
Thanks

It’s not working on the Web Preview. You have to test your story on the phone. Don’t worry it will remember the appearance of a character :slight_smile:

Thank you so much :slight_smile: @Apes

Thank you so much! saving this site forever

Thank you so much for the template! But I’m having trouble with the “goto female_custom1” command. It says the label doesn’t exist? Help?

1 Like

Thanks for this.

For some reason every time I click something like eyebrows, or eyes on the preview, it takes me back to “what’s your name?” any suggestions for why this might be?

You added the name input after the first label. The name input needs to go before the label female_custom1

The “done” buttons lead back to that first label, so anything you have after it will be repeated each time you press the done buttons

Still not working:// Let me show you what my script looks like now:

label female_custom1
@AMYRA changes into AMYRA_default
@AMYRA spot 2.400 170 -520 and AMYRA faces right and AMYRA starts idle

NARRATOR
So... What's your name?

input What’s Your First Name?| What’s Your First Name? | DONE(NAME)
label first_name_input
if (NAME is “”) {

NARR
You do need a name...

goto first_name_input
} else {
continue
}

@zoom reset
@speechbubble reset
NARRATOR
So [NAME] what do you look like?

That’s what I mean. You put the name input after label female_custom1. It shouldn’t be there. That whole name input code needs to be before the label.

It works now! Thank you.

1 Like

You saved my life thanks, you’re amazying

Should the script name and the display name be the same when letting the readers customize their character in ink?

I’m not sure what you mean? Script names should be used in the script. The display name is just the name that shows up on top of the speechbubbles.

Ok, I also have another question. Should the character that is let being customized be made the main character?

Doesn’t have to be. You can customize any character you want to be customized (love interest, best friend, family member, anyone)

1 Like

Okay! Thanks so much for your time! I will be giving you credits for your templates and also asking for more help if needed!

1 Like

You’re welcome :blush:

1 Like