Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Try refreshing the page (web previewer) or restarting the app (app previewer). There’s a weird glitch going around where characters aren’t showing up. If the character still doesn’t appear, try submitting a ticket

What does your script look like?

1 Like

You didn’t change the scene, you just added dialogue.

Either use the INT. BLACK - NIGHT background for the narrator dialogue, or put the transition after the dialogue.

Hiii again, aah. How do you make it so that the player may input their first name :o?

1 Like

Thank you :D!!!

1 Like

Couple questions…
I’m using a moving background and can’t get it to work. This is the coding I have.

EXT. OUTDOOR STREET LOOP - DAY
&XANDER spot 0.821 75 200 AND XANDER faces right AND XANDER starts walk_neutral
&WESLEY spot 0.812 121 222 AND WESLEY faces right AND WESLEY starts walk_neutral
@speechbubble is 162 261 to 100%

Also, I am using the INT. BAR - DAY background and I can not for the life of me get the bartender behind the actual bar. Are you able to help with that?

That “looping” background doesn’t work, unfortunately.

You would need to find a bar overlay and add it to the background. Right now it’s just a background.

So I found a bar overlay and I figured out how to get the character behind it but I can’t seem to get one behind and one in front. I’m trying to layer it but I am new to this so I have:
INT. BAR - DAY with BAR
@CHERI spot 1.280 160 0
&CHERI moves to layer -1
@XANDER enters from left to spot 1.280 50 0
&XANDER moves to layer 1

?

Hey! I have a question. In this scene, my character (MAIA) is jogging, and the background fades in while she is jogging. But, I have other things going on while she is. I am resetting the filter (from a flashback) resetting my zoom, and zooming in again. The way I have the script, you can see the background and the filter fading away, with the zoom still on. Help please!

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - NIGHT
&zoom reset
&reset hsl
&zoom on 192 298 to 156% in 0
@zoom on 49 151 to 110% in 3
&MAIA stands screen center AND MAIA is run_jog
@transition fade in black 3

Hi. I wasn’t sure who to ask, but if you don’t know, can you recommend someone who does? I noticed certain people had backgrounds from Episode but they were modified to look like they were night when they were really day. How can I do that? Thanks.

I am trying to add a mirror reflection in the Episode background with the bathroom stalls. How would I do that there? I am confused. Do I need to cut something out of the background and replace it with a mirror overlay? Please help. Thanks.

Actually I found a custom background of a public bathroom with stalls and I was wondering if I could make a mirror reflection there. I wasn’t sure how. Thanks.

1. at the start of the episode be for you start writing write : CHARACTERNAME change into OUTFITNAME and then you can change the outfit without having any problems! That’s how I do it

How do you add overlays at your background?

You have to create the overlay, set the opacity, shifts the overlay, and scale it…
Here’s a guide by @Dara.Amarie for using overlays…

Thanks but I still don’t understand anyways it might help me thanks💗

Just read it carefully you will understand…as it helped to learn how to use them…
It might be tough at the beginning but it just needs practice…
Let me know if you face any trouble with overlay I will try my best to explain it to you…
But I don’t think it will be necessary after reading the guide…

1 Like