Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Just place them in the zone you want them in: @CHARACTER stands [position] in zone #

2 Likes

Hi! I’m a writing newbie and just wanted to ask two things:
(Im using limelight :))

1. on a lot of stories, there’s this one action that i always see when a character is changing outfit, its the one where their almost brushing over their outfit. I have a character changing outfit and it doesn’t flow at all!
  2. is there a way to have a background on for certain time, and then fade out?

Thanks!

That animation is called dustoff_neutral_loop

Just put the background name, then pause for however many seconds you want, then fade out
BACKGROUND
@pause for #
@transition fade out

I have a question. I incorporated a gem choice into one of my episodes for my story. I’m trying to make the gem choice determine how the character’s night at a ball will go. The reader may choose a particular outfit that would cause problems in the story. Unlike the other two outfit choices, this outfit will determine the character’s strength.

Okay, how would I do that?

Okay thank you so much!

Wait I’m still confused.

I just need the actual code for it. That way I can understand it better.

Thanks!

1 Like

Dara…help me…I’m five seconds away from throwing my laptop across the room. I spot directed one of my characters but they won’t walk all the way there. I have the numbers I want in my script but when I preview it, it’s completely different numbers. I’ve tried refreshing the page, restarting my computer, is there a reason his position doesn’t match my script?

Are you adding the zone number when you make your character walk to their spots?

Hey Dara and everyone :smiley: I was wondering if anyone knows a link that could show me all the limelight skin colours, in colour order. I’m trying to customize my MC’s parents to be a shade or two lighter/darker to what to viewer picks, thankyou!

It simply means that you haven’t made a character by the name of “Mom”

How do I create a limelight version

Then I don’t really know what the problem is.

You forgot to add a starting bracket for that choice.

1 Like

Are you asking how to create a story with the limelight style? Create a new story in the portal and click on the Characters button. You will be asked to choose which style of characters you want. Choose limelight. Next you will be asked which format you want. Do not choose spotlight. Click the next arrow and choose the full body/cinematic format.

If you’re using mobile creation, then you can’t use limelight. It’s only for INK.

1 Like

Hey just wondering, if you change a character’s look halfway through a story, will it change the previous script?

Change their look in the script or change their look in the character settings in the portal?

So, if I change their look in character settings, will the rest of the script I wrote before have that character with a different look?