Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

For a choice within a choice, just do exactly that: put the choice inside of another choice. Just make sure every starting bracket has a matching ending bracket.

There isn’t a “remember choice” code that your asking for. The only 2 ways to remember a choice are the 2 ways mentioned in the thread I gave a link to.

1 Like

Oh okay, and Thanks again, you’re the best :grin:

How do you let music play in your episode’s menu? Like, the menu right before you start the story and watch ads?

It’s not really a feature that you can add, but it’s more of a glitch that happens when people dont turn the music off at the end of the episode

2 Likes

Hey! I have a question. What does & do? I’ve seen many use it, but I’m not sure what it means or how I would use it.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been so confused by this for a while. Plus, this will help me when I write.

1 Like

Hey! I’m completely new, and I started to write a story yesterday. I’m trying to get my character to do an action while talking as the narrator (I don’t want it in a speech bubble, because its a flashback) and the script looks like this: (I’ll put slashes before the @ signs, or it won’t send to you. ignore them)

NARRATOR (YOU)
So. I look like I’m happy and all, but I’m not…

@/pause for a beat

@/transition fade out black 3
INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT
sound ambient_thunderstorm_lp

@/YOU spot 0.548 192 288 AND cry_sob_sad_loop

That line above - You spot 0.548 192 288 AND cry_sob_sad_loop - is the line that won’t work. What do I need to put?

Also, I can’t seem to make the camera follow her without her staying small and I’m not sure how to make it pan with her staying in the same position.

Thank you so much! :smile:
-Savannah

@savannah.episode
I think the right code is @/YOU spot 0.548 192 288 AND YOU is cry_sob_loop

Anyway, I also got a question

INT. TEA ROOM - DAY
@CHARLOTTE enters from right to screen center in zone 1

CHARLOTTE
(hm, what should I do today?)

choice (where_to_go)
“Go shopping” {

INT. MALL BOUTIQUE - DAY

} “Go to the cafe” {

INT. CAFE- DAY

}

At the “Go to the cafe” option I get an error message and I can’t find out what’s wrong with it.

The error message is:
ERROR
Unexpected block end:
Did you forget the } which goes with this {, or forgot the word “choice” before the choice option?

Thank you for helping!

You need to have CHARACTER is animation. And to have them do the animation while the narrator is talking, use the & sign instead of the @ sign.

& YOU spot 0.548 192 288 AND YOU is cry_sob_sad_loop
NARRATOR
Dialogue.

1 Like

In each choice option, you have a background without anything after it. You can’t have a scene change without anything in the scene. You need to have a command, any command, after it.

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m having an issue doing this. I have a character that comes out of an elevator. The elevator doors are at layer 3 while the character is at layer 1. He comes out of the elevator, and he’s still at layer 1 when he should be at layer 3. How would I spot him at a different layer?

When he walks out of the elevator, change his layer. And since the elevator doors are at layer 3, your character needs to be at layer 4 when he walks out

@CHARACTER walks to [spot] and CHARACTER moves to layer 4

1 Like

Okay thank you.

@Dara.Amarie How to walk through zones without stopping?

1 Like
@follow CHARACTER to [position] in zone # 

or

&pan to zone # in [time]
@CHARACTER walks to [spot] in zone # in [time]
2 Likes

@Dara.Amarie Thank you very much!

I need helppp

At the end of my story, I wanted the readers to customize Christina’s face (Christina is the main character)
And I told them that the gold choices (the premium ones) are her original look. But for some reason, when I made the face choice, Oval was the premium choice, but for some reason it says:
Unexpected PARAMETERS PREMIUM

What am I supposed to do?