Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

I am writing a story called Sisterly Love and one of my characters are getting dressed for a date. They have given the readers a choice of hairstyles and clothes that the character should wear. I’m just wondering how do you make it so that the character has the hairstyle and clothing choice that the readers have chosen?

I’ve figured it out now sorry for wasting your time.

It’s kinda a stupid question, but why does it take forever for episode to preview a simple background I wanted to use for my story? I literally took 3 days, and it’s still not previewed, so I had to delay my episode, all I wanted to use was this picture here:

You’re just using the “characters” as a points system. They don’t need to look like the MC because you’re not actually going to be using those characters at all except just for accumulating points.

So if your character makes the “badass” choices, just use: @BADASS +1
or with “honorable” choices: @HONORABLE +1
or with “indifferent” choices: @INDIFFERENT +1

Then if you want to have a scene or something happen because your character has accumulated the most points with each “category”, you’d do something like this:

if (BADASS > HONORABLE) {
if (BADASS > INDIFFERENT) {

[this is where the scene with badass characteristics will be]

}
} elif (HONORABLE > BADASS) {
if (HONORABLE > INDIFFERENT) {

[scene with honorable characteristics]

}
} elif (INDIFFERENT > BADASS) {
if (INDIFFERENT > HONORABLE) {

[scene with indifferent characteristics]

}
}
2 Likes

On which part is that error on?

I don’t, but all you need to do is just use spot direction to place your characters in the scene: Spot Directing (Moving Characters Around)

1 Like

is chinese for me lol

You don’t need to do anything. Once the readers choose/change into the hairstyle or outfit, they will stay in that hairstyle and outfit.

1 Like

Because there are thousands of other backgrounds submitted by other users every day and the team needs to go through every single one of those backgrounds to approve/deny them.

1 Like

It’s really not that hard. Just read through that thread carefully. It’s very easy to understand and it’s a step by step guide with pictures.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Oh! This makes way more sense! Thank you very much for the help! Sorry to bug you with a question you probably get often. This cleared it up. Thank you for that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you make a reflection in the mirror

1 Like

Hi again, I’m having trouble with using the overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3
This is my script:
@CHRISTINA is listen_phone_eyeroll
CHRISTINA (talk_phone_sad_loop)
Alright, Cya
@CHRISTINA is idle_phone_hold
@pause for a beat
@transition fade out black

@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3 create
@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3 shifts to -11 -18 in zone 1
@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3 scales to 0.693 0.693
@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3 opacity 1 in 0

But the problem is, that this is what I get:

And I also placed the “Pause.” at the end since I wanted to see how it looks like.
But, Instead of the girl, I wanted either a white or a black background, But I tried doing this:

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3 create
@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3 shifts to -11 -18 in zone 1
@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3 scales to 0.693 0.693
@overlay SELFIE FEMALE 3 opacity 1 in 0

But it didn’t seem to work as well, Is it possible to have this overlay. while the background is at least white?

Thank you so much

The middle part of that overlay shows the background behind it, so yes you need to use a plain background if you want nothing to be on the phone screen, but INT. BLACK - NIGHT and INT. WHITE - DAY are not really good to use with overlays. The overlay is always extremely extremely huge on those backgrounds. You’d have to zoom all the way to see the overlay, then you’d have to shrink it all the way down. The best option is to upload your own white or black background and use that for the overlay.

2 Likes

Oh okay, but is the script I used for the
INT. BLACK - NIGHT
Correct if I used it using another background?

Yes it’s correct, just change the background.

Okay Thanks <3