Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Nope, I can’t find this one but Dara for sure knows :slight_smile: she works for Episode.

Can you send me something to help me with layers and overlays?

I cant see one of my overlays and characters how do I fix that?
07%20PM
31%20PM

Hi, so here is my question:
I’ve seen in some stories like The Dragon’s Tail and Telvoikai that there’s a way to let the reader drag the screen around to see other parts of the background and I was wondering if there is some tutorial or a topic that explains how to do this?

I believe so, but if you just want to make sure you can always submit a ticket and ask the support team.

I think that with this update, you can zoom to a spot in however many seconds while there is dialogue. Then after the last last dialogue is tapped, you can put @zoom reset and even if the last zoom hasn’t finished zooming yet, it will still just go back to zoom reset.

You misspelled “readerMessage”

If it’s not in the art catalog, then it’s a hidden background and hidden background will create errors in your script.

For layers: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers
For overlays: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

You need to add the zone number when you shift an overlay.
You inverted the scale size of the duplicate to make them upside down, so now they are in a completely different spot then where you had them so you have to zoom out to find your character then place them where you want to be.

They’re called tappable overlays. They are currently in beta testing right now.

Hello, maybe this is a stupid question but when I want to make a character that will have a custom name, should I name the character NAME when I am creating her? Thank you in advance.

You can name the character whatever you want. “NAME” just has to be the character’s display name (if you put NAME in the parentheses in the name input code). Read through this and you’ll understand what I mean: A Guide to Typed-in Choices

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick reply <3

1 Like

I still doesn’t work, there’s something wrong with the {}

What is the error message you are getting and what does your script look like now

My speechbubble won’t show up! It appears in the previous scene and then just doesn’t show up at all in the next, but I still have to tap and the character does the animation. It doesn’t even show up in the app either. I tried just using speechbubble reset and it still won’t show up! Here’s my script:

UGH

The highlighted dialogue is what won’t show up.

Is it a script problem or a glitch? I’m just pretty upset because it’s important to the plot of my story.

The error message I’m getting is "There is a { on line 279 that does not have a matching }"
And my script looks like this:
YOU (think_rubchin)
(What do I think Zoe should do?)
choice
“Forget, it won’t work out” {
YOU (sigh_disappointed)
You should just leave him alone,
It won’t work out.
ZOE (talk_clutchchest_sad_loop)
Oh, I didn’t know you felt like that.
@ZOE is idle
@ZOE -1
readerMessage Zoe -1
ALEXA (react_startled_subtle)
[NAME]! You should know by now!
That’s the last thing you should do!
ALEXA (talk_excited_happy)
I know what to do!
Why don’t you do something at the party?!
}
“Do something at the party” {
YOU (talk_excited_happy)
I know,
You should do something at the party and maybe get to know him.
ZOE (talk_excited_happy)
Yes! That’s a great idea!
@ZOE +1
readerMesssage Zoe +1
ALEXA (talk_neutral)
So are you sure you have an outfit?
ZOE (think_rubchin)
I think so.
ALEXA (talk_armscrossed_shrug_neutral)
Ok then.
}

You still misspelled readerMessage