Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Hi :grinning:
Is there a way to make characters move without using the command “walks”?
Or a way to make a character move while they are lying down?

My character is unconscious and I’d like for him to slide to a different position to get the effect that another character is pulling him towards her.

I tried this under the animation “fall” but he ended up walking to the position and then falling.
Then I tried it with the idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear which had better results but then he stood up. How can I make him stay lying down?

Maybe try:

@CHARACTER1 walks to spot x y z and CHARACTER1 does it while fall

I need some help please

I have 2 best friends getting dressed and changing their hair and makeup in the same chapter

How do I change your hair and lipstick template for a second use?

Yes, the speechbubble will stay in that positon until you reset the speechbubble or change it to a different position

Sorry, I don’t make backgrounds or art. You should check out the Art Resources section and ask around there

You’ll have to make them walk while doing the animation you want, then use the THEN command to keep them laying. (Characters will go back to idle once they finished walking to a spot)

@CHARACTER walks to [spot] and CHARACTER faces left/right and CHARACTER does it while [animation] THEN CHARACTER starts [animation]

You’d have to change all of the labels and goto’s. Just add a 1 to the end of it all.

So if the label is label hair_and_lip, add a 1 to the end it of and change it to label hair_and_lip1

Every starting bracket needs a matching end bracket. So if you have a choice within a choice, you need to make sure that each bracket has a matching end bracket. You need to add ending brackets to close off those “no” choices

Thank you xx

Thank you xxx

How do you reset the speech bubble?

Kelley Gay

@speechbubble reset

1 Like

How do I get an overlay to bounce? Like in the intro of Mr. Anonymous with all of the overlays moving around and then bounce into place. I’m trying to have a texting scene, and the text bubbles will fade in and then bounce. How do I do that?

My animation won’t let my character rear walk to a certain spot. How can I get it to work?

Hi, my scene is where MC stands beside her bed spot 0.875 149 216, and she throws her alarm clock (overlay) off set. How do I write the code for?

Hi @Dara.Amarie, I’m looking for the bed overlays found in It Started With A Bra, or ones found in stories like Meila Summers He Can’t Tame Me. (I know other authors probably use these overlays but I can’t find them) Do you know where I can find these overlays?

Apologies if this doesn’t belong on this thread!

Hey, thank you for opening this lovely thread. :purple_heart:
I’ve made a mirror scene in my story where the MC gets ready, but I forgot that the MC was customized and created a copy of the default character, now when someone reads it the character they customized and her reflection are different. How can I fix it ?

Hopefully what I said made sense

Thank you so much Dara! I don’t know what I would do without you.

1 Like

Go to the Guides, click on Scene Directing on the side, then click on “Placing and Animating Overlays”, then scroll down to 7. Using Easing Functions. The bounce function is called easebouncein/out

2 Likes