Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Hello again. Is there a possible way that I can make an episode character change their hairstyle before they are on screen? Like my character’s original hairstyle is “beach wave hair” but I want it to change to “Double bun updo” like how you can change your characters clothes before they’re on screen.
Example:

`@CHARACTER changes into CHARACTER_sleepwear

INT. SPACE SHUTTLE - NIGHT
&zoom reset
&STEPH spot 1.280 160 -197 in zone 2 and ALIEN1 stands screen right in zone 2 and ALIEN2 stands screen left in zone 2
&STEPH faces right and STEPH is rear and ALIEN1 faces right and ALIEN1 is rear and ALIEN2 faces left and ALIEN2 is rear
@cut to zone 2
@pause for a beat
&STEPH faces left
&speechbubble reset
        STEPH (talk_excited)
    That was so much fun!
&STEPH faces right
        STEPH (talk_think)
    Can I have my friends back now?
&ALIEN1 faces left and ALIEN2 faces right
@ALIEN1 is think and ALIEN2 is think.
@pause for a beat
@ALIEN1 is nod_loop and ALIEN2 is talk_shrug then ALIEN2 is nod_loop
@pause for a beat
&STEPH is applaud_loop
@transition fade out black

Weird, it’s showing up for me. Maybe because your character is so low on the screen, the speechbubble is also somewhere low. Try using the speechbubble helper to see if the speechbubble is somewhere offscreen.

1 Like

Let’s just use spot direction instead.

This is the code to place her offscreen:
@CHARACTER spot 1.280 100 0 in zone 2 at layer -1

Then use this code to have her walk into the scene:
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 160 0

1 Like

readerMessage Your message here.

I tried to move it and even zoomed out. Won’t show up.

@CHARACTER changes hair into Hairstyle

1 Like

Thank you. I have another question though. This error keeps popping up every time it’s only one bracket, but if I were to add another one it would basically say it doesn’t belong there. What do I do?

Gain names can’t have spaces, so change those spaces into underscores.

gain Lazy Mess
gain Lazy_Mess

1 Like

How do I code it for my readers to choice the names of my characters seven daughters? :thinking:

I’ve seen it in a few stories but can’t find any resources, how to you make dialogue boxes smaller? I know how to move the boxes, but I’ve seen text boxes that are small to make it look like the character’s whispering.

Just keep using this code:
input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)

And change “NAME” to whatever you want to refer to those daughters’ names.

1 Like

You change the scale size of the speechbubble: 💭 HOW TO: Spot direct Speech Bubble

1 Like

Thank you, but I have another problem :roll_eyes: . I’m sorry to keep bothering you. I’m trying to put this outfit choice as the last one to choose and this error keeps popping up even though there are brackets on each side. I’m very confused as to what this means.

Is there a bracket at the end of the choice that closes the “Black and Pink” option?

Well, if you mean the option that sets you back to the main clothes menu, then yes. Here’s the rest of the script after the Black and Pink Error I showed you.

`}}“Black and Pink”{
@BRANDI previews outfit Black and Pink
@BRANDI is admire
@pause for a beat
@BRANDI starts idle

BRANDI (idle_arms_crossed)
(Should I wear this?)

choice
“Hell yeah” {
@BRANDI changes into Black and Pink
gain Black_and_Pink
goto afterdg1

} “Girl, no.” {
@BRANDI unpreviews outfit Black and Pink
goto dressinggame_1

What’s wrong with this?

YOU (talk_neutral)
(What should I wear?)
choice “flowery dress” {
@YOU changes into prettychapter1
gain prettydress
} “Denim jaket” {
@YOU changes into wednesday
gain wednesday
} “Cherry red skirt” {
@YOU changes into Cherry red skirt
gain Cherry red skirt
}

If “Black and Pink” is the very last choice option, then there should be 2 brackets at the very end:

} “Girl, no.” {
@BRANDI unpreviews outfit Black and Pink
goto dressinggame_1
}}

Gain names cannot have spaces or special characters. They can only have letters, numbers, and/or underscores.

Thank you!