Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Thank you so much! x

Hi. Also do you know where I can find a way to change a background in Episode that only comes in day and make it night? I have seen other people do it but don’t know how.

You can check out the Resources section. There are people there that are willing to make/edit things for everyone.

As far as the mirror overlay, if you’re using an overlay for the mirror glass effect, any overlay for that would work. It just needs to be at a lower layer than the background-turned-into-overlay overlay

Please.

2 Likes

Hey quick question

I have a scene set in the nightclub and I pan from zone 1-3 in the beginning. How do I get characters to stand in between zones if that makes sense?

You’d have to spot direct them and place them in between the zones.

That’s what I figured thank you! Also, when I set up my dressing options the box with the choices is over my character. I tried moving it with the bubble helper but that didn’t work. Is there a way to move it where I’d like?

You can only move the choice boxes up or down by moving the speechbubble higher or lower on the screen.

1 Like

Thank you for working so hard on this page! Without your help a lot of us would of given up a long time ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re very welcome :blush:

1 Like

Hi Dara :slight_smile:

I’m facing an issue with the if and elif command. It was working perfectly fine up until a few minutes ago. I used every step I know and every other if and elif command is working perfectly fine. I don’t know why the script is passing over the dialogue.

Here’s the script:

So, I’m trying to get the characters in between zones and I want my character to walk from zone 1 to zone 3 between them. I have her in a certain spot in zone 1 then I put this

@KYLA walks to screen right in zone 2
&KYLA walks to screen center in zone 3

But, when she goes to walk she goes back into the default position at the very front of the screen. What’s the best way to do this and have her stay the same size/position the whole time?

“walks to screen” and “enters/exits” are only for the default scale size. To have a character walk while being a certain scale, this is the command:
@CHARACTER walks to spot [scale] [x] [y] in zone # in [time]

You you tapping on a choice then immediately testing out the if/elife/else part? If you update the script or restart the episode and go straight to the if/elif/else it won’t work, unless you choose a choice.

No, I refresh and play the previous episode, where the choices are, and I click on one and let the episode play out, then on the next one, the function still doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting the app and updating the script but nothing works. :confused:

How do I have the camera follow her through zones? I have:

&KYLA walks to spot 0.677 140 194 in zone 3 in 4

If it was working earlier and you haven’t changed your script, then it’s most likely fine. Try enabling the picker when you test your story.

1 Like

You have to pan at the same time your character walks.

&pan to zone # in [time]
@CHARACTER walks to spot -------- in [time]

Thank you! :smiley:

I’m working on an overlay. I have one for the bar but I can’t get one of my characters in front of it. Both end up standing behind it even if one of them is in a different layer. Is there a specific layer overlays are set at or something?