Dare to get to know me? šŸ‘½

And maybe a friend will make you come to a Christmas party, who knows? :santa::wink:

1 Like

Fine.
Then I declare you the Emperor of Avatars.

Also, ooooooooh you role play?
Really?
Have you joined any here?

1 Like

Maybe. :thinking:

1 Like

I used to, but not anymore. And no, I did not join any of the RPGs here. The reasons are simple. First of all, English is not my mother language. And my health issues leave me little time, energy and concentration. I played in a German forum RPG some years ago, but had to quit as it was too exhausting and my absence would hinder the others to proceed. :disappointed:

1 Like

Well, for reason 1, your English sounds fine to me. Itā€™s definitely better than some native English speakers, so I doubt that youā€™d have any problems with that.
For reason 2, yeah, that is a decent reason to not roleplay. Health always comes first, and if it ultimately makes you more tired than happy, itā€™s probably worth quitting.

But if there was a really slow paced RP, do you think you could join it?

2 Likes

Not my English is the problem, but that I need to concentrate even more when reading and writing in a foreign language than in my mother language.

Basically, if I had the time to give it a try, I could, but itĀ“s normally quite some work to create a character and learn the rules of the RPG. Did you ever play one ?

1 Like

I have an odd feeling about the provider of my German boards not showing any of them anymore. They used to offer statistics, guestbooks and forums for a long time, now it says they only offer statisticsā€¦ Hope they do not plan on deleting my forums I used since before 2001, even though not too much anymore lately. :frowning:

Well, since I am on my laptop, I shall add @24aya and @phlegmatic, formerly known as Zoey3, to my profile. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah I can understand that. Itā€™d be easier to RP in your first language, since you donā€™t have to translate anything in your head, or via a translator.
Your first language is German, right?

Yeah, it is. For me at least. Iā€™ve seen some people who can create a character in ten minutes.
yES! Several actually. Iā€™m in a couple right now.

1 Like

Yes, but I can think in English without having to translate each word before, just some rare words I might need to look up, but reading and writing in general is very exhausting for me. Well, almost anything is. :frowning:

Always nice to meet female role-players, when I was a teen, the ladies would not join such a thing. X-) So how complex are the rules there ?

1 Like

Hopefully they donā€™t.
Iā€™ll beat em up for you.

2 Likes

WeĀ“ll see. 3 firms fused some years ago to form what is today called Motigo.

1 Like

Food fueld :smirk: haha I am

1 Like

Which reminds me, I owe you a pic:

1 Like

Oh yes! You do :yum:
Wish it was with ship rather than a unicorn ā€¦
But whatever eats it :yum:

1 Like

Itā€™d be nice if I could do that in French one day.

:disappointed: Iā€™m very sorry.

HA. On the old forums, there were rarely any males who liked roleplaying. But now, while there are still a majority of female role players, the amount of male rpers has bumped up significantly.
Ummm, I donā€™t think theyā€™re very complex.
I guess it depends on the RP owner, but the rules are mostly things like ā€œDonā€™t control other peopleā€™s characters/No God-moddingā€ and ā€œTimeskip sex scenesā€.
RPs made by Forum ā€œoldiesā€ are often filled with a minimum of a paragraph posts, but only an expectation of one or two posts a day. RPs made byā€¦new peopleā€¦are more or less filled with one liners, but the RP is pretty fast-paced.

2 Likes

Could not find any ships, only this guy:

1 Like

He looks tastyā€¦eat da captain man! :yum::drooling_face:

1 Like

Rules for forum RPGs differ, some are rather complex, others are more like a form of collective story writing.

1 Like

Got a little captain in you ? (ThatĀ“s from an ad for alc.) :wink:

1 Like

Yesh! I got a captain :sob: haha you have weird ads :no_mouth:

1 Like