Dark mode on episode is here!

Yes. I SAID IT. I found a way we all can have dark mode. NO LIE. But, you have to do some steps.

STEP 1:
You must change your settings to dark mode.
Windows 10, head to Settings > Personalization > Colors and select “Dark” under Choose Your Default App Mode. On macOS, [activate dark mode from System Preferences > General]

STEP 2:
Go to the website “chrome://flags”, and search in the search bar “dark mode”.
Then on the first option that comes up saying;

Force Dark Mode for Web Contents

Automatically render all web contents using a dark theme. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android
#enable-force-dark

Go to the drop down and press “Default” and change it to “Enabled”

STEP 3:
Restart Chrome and bam! You will have dark mode on CHrome, and if you go to the Episode Portal, you’ll have it to. Here’s a screenshot for proof.

I hope you enjoy having dark mode on your future late night coding!

SOURCE THAT HELPED ME FIND THIS OUT:
https://www.howtogeek.com/446198/how-to-force-dark-mode-on-every-website-in-google-chrome/#:~:targetText=Google%20Chrome%20already%20has%20a,assuming%20the%20site%20supports%20this.&targetText=Now%2C%20it’s%20built%20into%20Chrome,system-wide%20dark%20mode%20option.

37 Likes

Wow, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Of course! I had to share it! I know it’s annoying to code at night with such a bright screen after a long day of just life, lol. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

True :sweat_smile::heart:

what the what- THIS IS SO FLIPPING cool. gracias for this

this is so trippy now…

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this isn’t about story creation. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Looks forlornly at my Chromebook computer and sighs. No but seriously, this is really cool, thanks for figuring this out!! Does it work for other sites too, like the forums, for example? (If so, could you include a pic of the forums in dark mode? Curious hehe.)

1 Like

it worked for the forums as well for me, it looked seriously cool af

1 Like

can I do it on safari too?

nope ;-; not that i know of

Thank you so much!

Giiiirl, I love you. This saved my poor eyes so much :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

bookmarking this…

You’re the queen, omg :heart_eyes::heart::heart: My eyes are screaming after coding all day; you’ve saved my life!

1 Like

omg thank u for posting this

Omg I was just just looking for this, light mode really effects my eyes and this really helped!

For anyone who needs direct link here it is!
chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark